Customer reviews

Zen Golf
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 November 2017
Separating planning from taking the shot and from review is stiff you are probably familiar with. But how you do this is where this small book excels. Don't be worried that this will be all mystic and staring at candles-it's not. Where there are many references to Buddhism this is as the wisdom of logical thinking and approaches written in an easy to understand way with logic that is unarguable.
on 1 February 2016
I thought about buying this book for years but was put off by the title. I thought it would be full of strange dodgy stuff. I have read most of the mind books (Rotella etc.). I should have bought it years ago. If you are like me you sometimes tense up, force shots or try too hard (like when there is out of bounds or thick trees all down one side of the fairway, and the wind is blowing toward them). This book gives loads of useful, practical tips to keep calm, hit the shot and deal with the result. There are so many you can see what works for you. I have read it and am going to put it into practice this season
|0Comment|Report abuse
The most important inches on a golf course are between your ears - the great Bobbie Jones said to this effect
Zen Golf shows you how to make the turbulent waters of your mind, a magnificent still millpond of clarity, commitment and resolve to play golf more effectively, reflectively and most important happily.
on 9 April 2017
Bought as a Christmas gift, and it was loved by the person I bought it for. Full marks for the book and for the swift delivery. Overall, a great purchase.
on 4 May 2014
If we allow our emotions to interfere with our performance consistency is impossible. This book explains how to distance your feelings from the outcome of a shot - be it good or bad, thus leading to a measured and thoughtful process preceding each and every shot. Well worth reading.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2016
Similar to other mind over matter improvement books but with a Zen quotations twist and mind and breath exercises good but not a worthy add on if you have other golf mind books already unless you really can aspire to Zen like focus
on 5 April 2013
This is a great book and from start to finish the guidance is excellent. It targets the mental aspects of the game and aligns them with buddhist philosophy. Written in an easy to read fashion, the book really makes the management of the mental side of the game obvious and so very simple. I will keep this book to hand and read every time I get frustrated on the course - which in my case is a lot! Brilliant!
on 3 June 2016
Zen Golf simplifies the issues that arise in every round of golf whilst allowing you to learn and develop techniques and exercises to help you deal with the mental struggles of the game. Zen Golf's main objective is to encourage the reader to enjoy the game and more importantly have fun whether you are practicing or playing in the club championship
on 9 January 2018
Mindfulness in golf, as in life. Golf in the present... That's all. A wonderful life guide as well as a golfing gem.
on 6 July 2017
I bought this book to see if it offered any insight into overcoming nerves in a medal. It has helped me to see my attitude very differently- scarily I had my first eagle in a week. I'm now just about to read it again to help it all sink in.