• Angel

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 June 2016
Good book
on 30 July 2013
Refreshing story, full of interesting characters. I cared about the characters, especially Flo, which is always a sign of a good book. It had all the ingredients to warrant a sequel as I was left at the end wondering how the characters developed. I loved the Thorn Birds and I loved this. Would definitely recommend it.
on 21 January 2014
I have enjoyed many of Colleen McCullough's books in the past but not this one. Perhaps the fault is mine. I don't care for books written in a diary format
on 5 November 2013
I think this book was one of the most enjoyable books I have read in a while. I found it hard to put down and I loved "the House" and all it's tenants. Not at all what I expected from Colleen McCullough as I have only ever read "The Thorn Birds".
on 27 February 2007
This is a different type of story to the usual sagas of life in Australia. It is written as a diary and although this makes it slightly slow paced at times, it does allow for a lot more detail and intrigue to be included. Overall I found this a good read but the large number of sexual references were a little off putting, however they did add to the character of the area she was describing.
on 28 November 2013
I quite enjoyed this book, it was a bit different. Not sure why it is called Angel as that was a sort of strange sideline to the story - I felt. Nonetheless it was a good book once I'd got into it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 December 2016
I haven't read a Colleen McCullough book in years. Someone gave me this to read while I was waiting in a hospital for a long while and I had to get a copy when I got home to find out what happened in the end. It was an odd read, raw, raucous, rather dated but nevertheless strangely compelling and I polished it off in a couple of days. I think it was perhaps an early work of McCullough's because the books I read of hers in my teens seemed more pulled together, stylistically, but maybe not. Maybe she just wanted the voice of the narrator to be rough and untutored. Intriguing tale with a macabre twist and a brilliantly independent heroine.
on 24 May 2013
I love Australia and I love this book! Great characters, a bit of magic and a real flavour of a Sydney that has pretty much disappeared
on 28 July 2014
The first few chapters took a bit of getting used too before you could undrestand that all your reading are her thoughts and memories of wat had taken place in her life recently , and when you finally find out the secret of flos talking , brilliant , I think women would enjoy it better then men !!!
on 29 March 2015
Why did this book have to end? I could have carried on reading about the inhabitants of 'The House' forever! What a lovely novel, if you are sensitive just skip the references to brothels and ladies of the night, because this book is too lovely not to read!