on 12 January 2014
I bought this book for my daughter, who is now 3, when she was 1 and she loved it. She now has a younger sister, who is also 1 and also really enjoying this book, it is one of her favourites. It is very simple, short rhymes, with the big flaps to lift - very easy for little fingers to lift. It is a board book and designed for a first book. It's ideal, as reading to young children, they are ready to move to the next page very quickly, lol! The book is really well made, although ours is starting to show its age, due to its extensive use. Interestingly, it also worked well for my older daughter, when she was learning to read and reading this to her younger sister.
on 3 June 2014
I couldn't read this book to my children because of the rhyming structure and complicated words. My children didn't understand it. We had fun pulling the flaps but that wasn't enough.
on 10 August 2005
I too was raised on Dr.Seuss... it was because of his ABC's I learned to read (and because it was so much fun, even before I ever went to school). With this in mind, I ordered a bunch of the newer books (as well as the ABC book), and the effect is the same. My two year old has memorised this book - it is a staple at bed time. I can say that the 5 star rating doesn't even do these books justice (especially the lift-the-flap ones) if you want to get your kids interested in books. My little one tells me "Again!" as soon as we're finished, and Dizzy Days seems to be her favourite. Anyone in doubt: take it from this dad - you will enjoy their reaction as much as they enjoy these books. They're brilliant.
on 3 January 2013
This was a disappointment, perhaps ordered a little late for my daughter as she was already enjoying great titles like Green Eggs and Ham this was a bit simplistic for her. There really isn't much to this book....