Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 November 2009
I have waited for this book for two or three years, eagerly checking at intervals to see when it would be available. I don't know why, maybe over the course of the two years my tastes have changed, maybe I should have re-read the first one but I am just not enjoying it. I find the language so hard to follow and I don't remember feeling that way about the first one, in fact I thought the first one was a breath of fresh air, I don't like the story of this book and I feel she has spent too much time in places that just don't warrant it.

I feel so disappointed that after all this time this is what I get. I have never been someone who puts a book aside if they are not enjoying it but I have to say on with this I nearly have on more than one occassion but I feel I owe it to myself after this long to finish it. I hope it gets better.

I can't stress enough how disappointed I am to be writing this review, really I am.
on 2 May 2010
Although I loved the first book,Firethorn,I found Wildfire really tedious (it seemed a lot was going on but nothing really happened) and if it wasn't for the fact that this is the second book of a trilogy and I am curious to see how it ends I wouldn't have persisted.
I do enjoy Sarah Micklems poetic style of writing and I still cared very much for the character Firethorn,but I did not like the direction the story went in.Although there were glimpses of the strong bond and passion between Galan and Firethorn I did not feel it as vividly as I had in the first book.
As in the first book,there were some scenes that made uncomfortable reading but whereas I gave Firethorn 5 stars in spite of these,because the rest of the book was so enthralling,I cannot overlook them this time.One scene involving two sight hounds was,I felt,completely superfluous to the story.
I would like to see how the story ends but the minute tedium sets in I will feel no hesitation in putting the book aside.
on 19 September 2014
I read this book and its predecessor again and again since they were released. Absolutely fantastic! I really cannot recommend Sarah Micklem's books highly enough, along with Robin Hobb her books are my go-to for a fix of high quality fantasy fiction with a dash of romance and magic. In fact I would say these books easily make my top 10 of favourite books EVER! I can't believe they aren't more well known.
Read it- you won't regret it.
on 19 November 2013
Absolutely fabulous! A fantastic follow up to Firethorn. I really loved the way both books were was written. Great description and strong characters, the story really keeps you hooked. Trying to be patient for the final book.
on 11 September 2007
I thought that they published this book first in UK and I ordered it. Alas, it is not so. The book will be published next year I think. Beware. Had to pick a number of stars and didn't want to give it 1 star, even as disappointed as I am. I hope this is as good as the first one.
on 30 August 2009
FirethornWildfire

The follow up book to Firethorn was eagerly awaited and read in one sitting because i couldn't put it down. I am going to read it again at a slower pace within the next few weeks.The continuing story of Firethorn's romantic adventure is a delight, it is not only a fantasy story, but has romance and beyond, all combined with adventure. A wonderful read.Top marks to Sarah Micklem.
on 24 August 2014
Very enjoyable
on 6 June 2011
This is a great book, even better than the first. The level of detail is great without making it boring, and the story twists and turns, making it a compelling read. I highly recommend this if you want a fast paced, intelligent fantasy. If you liked Trudi Canavans magician trilogy, then i think you will like this, although be warned, it is much grittier.
on 1 September 2009
I've been waiting for this book for about 2 years ! Finally, it arrived, and was just as good as the first, although of course the story isn't over yet.....