Customer reviews

Start Where You Are: How to Accept Yourself and Others
Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 March 2017
Life is so simple, yet so complicated...
This book simplifies life, it 'pulls out' the complications we make of life and makes the reader see the essence of what being is all about.
Written so most people can understand it - no highflying words!
Nice & simple - joy to read. Grounded me tremendously
5 people found this helpful
on 27 June 2017
This is a good book by Buddhist nun Pema.Her teachings combines self awareness and modern Buddhism along with great compassion for all.
on 19 October 2017
Fantastic, really useful in giving daily reminders along with the cards.
on 13 February 2018
I started to like all of myself while reading and when I finished the last chapter I loved myself wholeheartedly.
on 29 April 2014
This book gave me plenty to think about. I don't know much about Buddhism, so it was all rather new to me - and some of the points were difficult to understand fully - but Pema does explain things clearly, linking abstract notions to the concrete and everyday experiences of us all.
on 2 May 2018
Very good read
on 19 January 2016
She wonderful, very easy to read and gets to the issues in a simple manner. Great inspiration
on 6 September 2017
Excellent. Using conjunction with the Lojong cards.
on 5 January 2011
It's Pema's words but not her voice. Not sure how that will make you feel but I have realised that the reason why Pema is so effective (for me) in part is hearing her tone of voice; her humour and seriousness all at once.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 October 2017
Super fast delivery and well packaged. An easy to read informative book that just makes sense.