Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 October 2003
as a pocket reference on "marks" this is by far the best I have seen, it covers ALL marks, unlike most which covers either metal or porcelain, this covers all. I only wish it was done in hard back !.
on 10 July 2014
I ordered this to try and get an update of my ancient Bradburys Book of Hallmarks. Unfortunately it is poorly constructed and difficult to use. The illustrations are poor and difficult to see and finding a specific mark is very difficult. Even finding marks from the same area is difficult. No attempt has been made to give a comprehensive index which would have made this book much easier to use.
on 15 June 2011
This little book adds a new dimension to car-booting or browsing at antique fairs. Indeed, a chance to impress!
on 30 June 2015
This is a must for the Trade mark research. Full of all the required knowledge to date, pinpoint the place of origin. e.t.c. but it was too much for this pensioner to cope with. Don't let my shortcoming put you off. It should do you proud.
on 11 May 2013
This was a birthday present for somebody who has an interest in antiques, particularly ceramics. She is always on the hunt for an overlooked gem in bric-a-brac and charity shops and of course, the ever multiplying car boot sales. This is a small, pocket sized book that can be kept in a handbag, pocket or purse for instant quick reference wherever needed. The content is surprisingly extensive and includes gold, silver hallmarks and ceramic marks. It was a good buy for very little money and got me several extra brownie points into the bargain! Delivery was quick as usual.
on 28 May 2014
Ok, it's a pocket edition, but I could never imagine it would be so small. It's nearly the size of an iphone. (Same height and about 1,5cm wider than an iphone5) I wear glasses and even so, nedded the help of magnifying lenses in order to read it, which makes the whole experience very uncomfortable. Go for a proper sized book if you have difficulty reading small (very small!) fonts. I will be returning the book and purchasing the kindle edition, so that I can zoom the text. If you are buying this book just to educate yourself at home, then consider buying the kindle edition instead.
on 1 December 2012
Even if you only have a passing interest in antiques, this is well worth having. Thanks to this book, I found that an old bowl that had spent the last 10 years in the back garden with a little bush in it was actually an Arthur Wood Antique! Amazingly, it survived without any damage (not even frost damage) and is now sat on the mantelpiece. I have since gone through the house and found a few more items that are worth hanging on to and all thanks to this book.
on 4 October 2012
I ordered this book because I collect various pieces of china and I wanted to know when the pieces were likely to have been manufactured. Whilst this book is indeed a little Gem, it didn't tell me what I wanted to know. There are lots of makers' marks but it didn't give me the details I wanted. One of its perks, however, is that being so small and not bulky, it's easily put into a pocket or handbag to reach out to check marks on silver, gold and platinum;Sheffield plate and pewter; and pottery and porcelain. So it is likely to fit the bill for someone!
on 18 March 2013
An ideal guide book to help people to identify the age and place of manufacture. As I am a real beginner I found there could have been a little more information on younger antiques. But I am sure I will no doubt find this pocket book very handy indeed, when I myself gain a lot more experience. Great for the experienced collector but maybe Collins should bring out a pocket guide for beginners.
on 31 December 2009
Bought as a present for my son. He is delighted with the content of this book and will find it a very helpful reference guide. The seller provided me with a quick delivery and efficient service. From my experience, I would recommend purchasing from this seller.