Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 May 2017
What a beautiful and captivating book…the illustrations are simple but so full of expression. PERFECT as a joint read between Adult and youg child …. a thought provoking book but with a good ending .. HURRAH
on 3 September 2015
By far this is our favourite book by OJ - the text is very easy to read, the stunning illustrations are adorable and really captures my little one's attention. I definitely recommend it at such a reasonable price!

We also went to the Discover childrens centre in Stratford where they had an Oliver Jeffers exhibition which is how we came across this brilliant story.
on 20 July 2015
I got this book as I like the illustrations and read great things about philosophical insights it should give your toddlers on some academic website. End result, I was enjoying illustrations, and I think my 3 year old was as well, just didn't quite capture her imagination (and that's probably only a personal response).
on 8 May 2016
I purchased this book to use in conjunction with our religion topic for the Come & See programme of study. What a super story - my Year 3 class (7 & 8 year olds) loved it and were able to recognise how losing someone special makes us sad and that finding them again fills us with joy.
Suitable for ages 3 - 8.
on 10 June 2015
It's good & it's a lovely story. My 3 year old loves the end where (spoiler!) the boy & the penguin meet again! I much prefer "The way back home" though. Just because it involves space & the moon and that interests me a lot. Getting "How to catch a star" and "Stuck" very soon.
on 6 April 2017
Good Book to teach children about loss and separation, done in such a beautiful and sensitive way.
on 24 March 2017
Highly rated. Captivating and charming. Lovely story to fall asleep to. Very pretty illustrations. Recommend this book highly if you're looking for a nighttime treat and good price right now.
on 4 June 2017
Just an excellent book to give children when there is a bereavement that perhaps they don't quite understand!
on 14 April 2016
My daughter enjoys this book and the illustrations. It's a nice story and the right length for a bedtime story. We have the kindle version though and the font is far too small. Why can't it be adjusted?
on 20 December 2016
One of the best books I've ever ordered.
I cried the first time I read it...I've bought it 3 times for different people and I have recommended it to other people I work with in the therapy room xx