Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 June 2017
My grand son who is 18 months loves this story. He brings me my kindle when he wants me to read it.
Wish I'd bought the book version though.
on 26 June 2017
Bought this because my daughter had its sequel as a birthday present. Both her and her sisters got a lot of laughters from these two books. Such a lovely book.
on 2 June 2017
good
on 19 October 2008
I got this book for my daughter who is nearly four. She loved it especially as she knows that cows don't lay eggs. I sweet story about a cow who thinks she isn't special and the chickens give her an egg one night without her knowing. She becomes famous and special. Her fresian coloured egg hatches and the chick says Moo and she becomes a mummy. Quirky drawings with quite a lot to take in.
on 10 December 2011
My three and a half year old daughter frequently requests this book after seeing it on CBeebies bedtime stories. It tells the story of an underwhelmed farm cow called Marjorie who is down over the fact that nothing spectacular happens in her life. The chickens overhear her and plan something funny - they plant an egg and everyone believes that Marjorie the cow has laid it - including herself! Media attention and all-round applause abound and Marjorie receives the attention she has always longed for. Jealous of her new found fame, the other cows believe something fishy is going on and await the impending arrival of Marjorie's baby once hatched. What arrives is not what anyone expects. A hilarious picture book that has my daughter laughing each time it is read. We've also bought the next book in the series. Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2014
Sometimes we want to be different, and then we suffer because we are different. This story shows that being different and being ordinary at the same time is normal. That every person or entity is just that - a combination of being extraordinary and ordinary; that by being who we are,is enough, but also, that we can live our dreams.
My grandsons loved "The cow that laid an egg" and just love the name of her off-spring, Daisy. They enjoyed the drawings and wanted for me to read the story over-and-over again. I bought all three books, but unfortunately did not have the opportunity to read "Best cow in show" or "First day at cow school", as they were Christmas presents for my neighbour's sons. She however assured me that they loved both books and had a lot of fun reading them.
on 24 September 2010
I bought this book because I thought it sounded fun for reading to my grandchildren. Well .... I love it! I roared with laughter when I read it, but still waiting for the grandchildrens' reaction, haven't had chance to read it to them yet. Fab story, lovely illustrations.
on 1 March 2010
Both my daughters (aged 2.5 and 5) fell in love with this book immediately, from the first read. The face expressions of the animals in the fantastic pictures and the story itself guarantees a good laugh. Didn't work too well for me as a bedtime story because it gets them worked up and they just want to hear it again and again, but fantastic to share a good moment with. A new favourite.
on 30 August 2011
I bought this book for part of my toddlers 2nd birthday and we LOVE this book. The illustrations and story are fantastic (love the Moos of the World!) and my son knows the words already and is very good at saying 'out jumped a small, brown, feathery bundle!'. An absoulutely delightful book that I would highly recommend. It's a must for any toddler's bookcase.
on 8 November 2011
Bought for my three year old daughter who had been read this at pre-school. Living on a farm ourselves with cattle, my daughter really loves this book and finds it really funny that the cow lays an egg and the resulting baby is called Daisy, as this is the name of her little sister. Never fails to get her chuckling.