Customer reviews

Self Esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day
Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 August 2009
I will give this book five stars- because it works for me. :-)

Some tips are common-sense/common-knowledge, while others are refreshingly innovative and/or offer new perspectives. For example, Tip 161, Surround yourself with stimulation, with a quote by David Freemantle, forced me to reflect on my own boring surroundings and daily routine, which had hitherto been in my 'blind spot'.

This title is not about a unifying strategy for dealing with low self-esteem. Rather, it presents little tactical manoeuvres to deal with the issue.

I would strongly recommend it!
on 2 November 2010
I haven't read the whole book yet, but so far its really helped me. There are little tasks to do in there to help you build your confidence which is something I lack! There are tips which you could say are common sense, but they are things you easily forget. I love the layout of the book, and it mentions the book 'feel the fear and do it anyway' by Susan Jeffers, which I purchased aswell, so can't wait to read that after!
on 17 October 2011
This book was recommended to me by my counsellor. It is very helpful in helping you to build your confidence, and along with other books by Gael Lindenfield, helps you to feel more confident and not feel so alone. It is a very indepth book that makes you think about how you think about yourself and not about how others perceive you.
on 26 May 2015
Arrived safely and in good order. All I need now is time to read it!
on 8 March 2017
Fantastic book. Very user friendly. Full of great hints & tips that are extremely helpful
on 4 May 2013
I went with 4 stars because for me it helped . I'm not sure about the way it is set out . I would defiantly recommend this for anyone who is having a bad time in any part of their lives . it explains how people may loose their self esteem and gives you small tasks or quotes to help get you feeling good again , just reading it made me more aware of how other people make you feel and how to change that .
on 28 April 2016
Much of the advice is common sense such as take a bath with essential oils, have you nails done etc. Would say i learned anything new.
on 23 September 2013
book is excellent in content and is good value for money.
It is used to help people get through bad times.
on 25 July 2008
I was disapointed with this book because it's only "band-aids" to temporarily make you feel better, it doesn't deal with the route causes of low self esteem or even begin to go in depth. It also could easily have been condensed into 200 pages instead of 367 because every page only has one tip which usually doesn't fill a 1/4 of it.

I can however highly recommend a book called "Total Self Confidence" by Dr. Robert Anthony. That book is very in depth, really gets to the core reasons for low self esteem and gives lots of valuable exercises to repair it. It's an excellent book that has really improved my self confidence and esteem.

The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence
on 29 December 2014
It was exactly like the description on the site. Great book!