Customer reviews

on 29 April 2017
Though I am aware that it claims to be pocket size I believe that the bigger version is much more accessable. Nevertheless, an excellently written guide.
on 20 June 2017
Learning about what is o your seashore and coastal water ways great wee book for students
on 10 March 2017
Perfect for your pocket!
on 16 April 2017
very good
on 8 September 2017
10 year old nerdy daughter loved it
on 30 October 2016
Perfect. Great book for my son.
I found this little book recently whilst on holiday. Having other guides to nature - birds, mushrooms, butterflies etc - the one thing I was missing was a book on the seashore. When I spotted this, I jumped on it.
The first thing which makes this perfect is the size; it is small enough to easily and comfortably fit into your pocket. This of course means that you can easily carry it with you for instant identification. Secondly, the way that it is laid out also enables easy identification; each section is colour-coded and represents a particualr kind of seashore (i.e., rocky coast, sand-dunes, sand and shingle beaches and so on). This means, for beginners like me, it really couldn't be easier. And not only are the creatures included but there is also identification for the plants that you may see.
I love this little book. Although I do not live near the sea, whenever I visit it I shall defintiely be taking this little treasure along with me.
on 1 August 2014
brought for my son which he loves looking and spotting all the things in the book
on 7 December 2004
This is a great little book that fits nicely in your pocket. Ideal for the Seashore enthusiast. It has a large number of the most common species found on the shores of Britain and gives brief descriptions of the species and habitat as well as useful hints if there are similar species and how to tell them apart.
I am a marine ranger and I take this with me whereever I go as it is idea in size and doesn't get in the way, and brilliant practical tool for any enthusiast!
on 14 March 2012
I moved to the coast about 5 years ago and decided to get educated about the wildlife around me and this little book doesn't disappoint. It gives you info on all the common things you would see while having a stroll on a beach or rocky shore i.e. crabs, seashells, seaweeds, plants, anemones etc, as well as other amazing little creatures I never new existed. Each page contain a photo of the object with a brief descripton followed by the sub headings of ; colour, length, habitat, range and similar species. An excellent little book.