Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 January 2017
Every book by garth nix is just beautifully written hats off to him you won't find a better fantasy writer
on 17 November 2013
Brilliant! As good as the last 2 books. I can't wait 2 read the final 4 books. Nix has a new fan!
on 10 June 2005
I've read all of Garth Nix's books, and I read Mister Monday and Grim Tuesday, and anticipated Drowned Wednesday. It is by far the best one yet, and has the captivating style that Garth Nix puts into all his books. I read every page wanting to read the next and next, without putting it down. Completely captivating and unpredictable.
I recommend this book to anyone with an imagination!
on 24 January 2015
GREAT AUTHOR, IT ARRIVED AS SAID ABND WELL PACKAGED
on 20 December 2015
Item delivered promptly and as described
on 8 June 2013
After finishing the first 2 books so quickly I was looking forward to continuing with this one, but I had a manic week at work and only managed to read about 100 pages of this throughout the week, so I sat down today determined to finish it. That may be why I didn't enjoy it as much though, for some reason this book just didn't grab me like the first 2.

I usually love anything to do with pirates and the high seas but this just didn't work for me. I liked the Moth and it's crew and the set up of the other ships and the threat of the dreaded Feverview pirate king. They brightened the story up for me, but the Giant Whale thing was a bit silly to me, and reminded me a lot of the bit in Pinocchio when they get swallowed by a whale.

I found myself having to really concentrate on reading this one, I kept getting distracted, I missed the presence of Suzy in this one, she isn't in it until about 65% of the way through and I find she brightens the page and Arthur becomes more interesting next to her. However, the characters have grown with the story and changed and are really holding their own now.

I love that Leaf featured more and I would like to see even more from her, hopefully in the coming books.

The overall plot wasn't bad but I just felt it was a bit too drawn out. The ending however totally pulled me back and got me excited for the next book, which I have ready to read beside me.
on 1 December 2014
Great book, was received as expected!
on 14 July 2007
I loved this book, its the second best in the series after Mister Monday. Garth Nix imagination knows no bounds. He is amazing.

Arthurs is off on his adventures again and must free part 3 of the Will of the Architecht and claim the 3rd key to the kingdom.

This is a bit tricky as Arthur is only 12 years old and a chronic Asthmatic! But along with Leaf and Suzy Turquoise Blue, he will fight his way through the House and sail the Border Sea with pirates (on a bed at one point)

Seriously good book BUY IT!
on 8 August 2006
I don't think theres any point in wasting my time - and yours - explaining the plot of the third book in Garth Nix' Keys to the Kingdom series. Mostly because it is exactly the same as the first two. Having read the Old Kingdom trilogy I can't quite believe I'm giving a book by the same author only three stars, but there you go. Life is full of these little disappointments.

The biggest problem with "Drowned Wednesday" is that the reader finishes with the awful impression that Garth Nix has absolutely no idea where this series is going or what he is really writing about. There seems to be no planning behind this book (or the first two); it feels as if Nix has taken a vague idea for a seven-book series and simply padded it out with action to make it look as though he knew what he was doing without ever developing either the plot or the setting or even the characters. Arthur does nothing but whine, Leaf we hardly see and Suzy Blue gets more and more irritating every time she opens her big mouth. As for the whale! Did it remind anyone else of a certain Disney film? One with a puppet that wants to be a real boy?
My final conclusion: Nix makes his idea work for the first three books: they are quick and entertaining, the literary equivalent of silly action films, but with all the downsides as well: no real content, forgotten in ten minutes flat, and worst of all no characters likeable enough for the reader to put up with them for longer than two-and-a-half books (I simply can't be bothered to read the rest of the week). If you've read the Old Kingdom series, you will be sadly disappointed.
on 26 November 2005
This is the next book in the thrilling Keys to the kingdom series and is an excellent read. I haven't actually finished this book yet (work has been a pain in the you-know-what and the new Harry Potter book has sidetracked me) but despite that I've really enjoyed it. I bought Mister Monday and Grim Tueday last year and they both gripped me, so I pre-ordered Drowned Wednesday in anticipation and it hasn't dissapointed. But I guess the best thing about this saga is that there's another FOUR to come! The writer Garth Nix is really on a roll, he's been praised for the stunning 'Old Kingdom' series and so far 'Keys to the Kingdom' looks like he's getting that same praise again, good on you big chap! One thing is for sure, he's no longer the 'next best thing'.... he's THE 'big thing.'