on 15 February 2008
I got this book when my husband and I decided to start trying for a baby.

I realised I only knew the very basics about fertility and wanted to understand it a bit more to gives us a good chance. I only read this book and feel that I have never needed any others. The style of writing is excellent. A lot of these kinds of books can be really patronising but Zita West's style is much more in line with talking things over with a good friend and a glass of wine.

I am so glad I bought this book. West's approach helped me understand my own body in a way I never thought possible. I was so in tune I didn't need fertility sticks (and believe me I am a complete dunce when it comes to things like this) and after 2 months we were delighted to find out that we were pregnant. I am now nearly 7 months pregnant and I have to say I am having a really healthy, confident pregnancy.

Personally, I feel a lot more confident in the pregnancy (this is my first) because I started off with a relaxed and calm frame or mind and felt prepared by reading the book.

I am so glad I bought the book and would recommend it to anybody.
I am so glad I bought this book. The main thing is that it taught me to relax and how to 'read' my body.
on 6 November 2009
agree with previous reader. This book is sold on the basis of zita west's marketing her name and everyone falling for that. Read Toni Weschler's book instead - taking charge of your fertility. It doesnt beat around the bush and tells you the straight and umcomplicated truth. Which by the way, professionals intentionally try to make complex to keep their profit making enterprises going. For example, how may consultants ever tell you before embarking on investigations and treatment - have you enough cervical fluid? is your luteal phase long enough, etc. Good luck - but not with this book.
on 6 December 2010
Great book, very useful information that helped me thorughout the whole process. Would recommend it to anyone trying to understand more about conception and what to do right.
on 2 January 2016
Whilst this book had some useful information is was all too generic, dislike the constant mention of her practice. Useful only if you have no information about fertility.
on 4 May 2014
Covers a full holistic approach and all key areas eg mind and body. Leaving you more empowering and informed to take the reigns of your health/ body.
on 11 October 2006
I read this book after trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant for over a year. I found it easy to read and a good source of general information and advice. It was particularly helpful to me in understanding what other alternative therapies are available.
on 10 March 2015
Lots of helpful tips for trying to conceive I think maybe some of the information is a little extreme but if it works I'm all for it!
on 9 December 2014
Found this book quite useless. I though it would contain diagrams and images but it reads like a novel, not what I expected at all.
on 3 May 2014
Well written book giving some good ideas to help fertility. I haven't read it all yet, but the nutrition section is confusing.
on 20 November 2015
This book has all the information in down to diet. It was not however what I was looking for.