on 29 March 2017
Nice book , very easy to read.
on 3 January 2010
I read this book and Zita's Plan to Get Pregnant combined. I was a little disappointed with the format of this book as it is just in standard text, but when read with the Plan book, which was more illustrated, with checklists etc it worked well. I bought some courses of Zita's vitamins too, and we went about changing our lifestyle. According to traditional medicine, our chances were slim, but I am now sitting writing this while breastfeeding my baby daughter, so something must have gone right!
on 8 February 2007
I bought this when we decided to try for a baby. I knew that this would be challenging as I have PCS and am overweight. The book gave me a greater understanding of my own fertility. It was easy to read and avoided excessive jargon. I'm pleased to report that I got pregnant first time as did a friend of mine to whom I passed it on. Now, this may not be down to Zita's advice but I certainly think that I increased my chances with this book.
on 4 July 2006
I ordered this book when my husband and I made the decision to try for a baby, I found it very easy to read, it started with the basics and I realised how little I knew. If this is the first time you have ever thought about having baby I would recommend this strongly.
on 11 September 2007
We were trying for our second baby, nine years after the first, but I had PCOS and I was told I had to get shots to stimulate ovulation. I was a little squeamish about fertility treatments so I bought this book and began to follow Zita West's directions, especially the fertility awareness kind, and i went on to conceive naturally after a month. I am currently 3 months along and I feel a huge gratitude for this book as it made our dream come true!
on 16 February 2006
I have PCOS and just wasn't getting pregnant. Despite traditional help (Clomid) nothing worked. I read this book and now, just four weeks later, I'm pregnant using no drugs. The book recommended a diet, acuptuncture and hypnotherapy, and I used all three.
What's really great about this book is that it refutes some of the traditional ideas (saving sperm, that you ovulate in the middle of your cycle to name but two) and instead helps women understand their fertility and feel empowered to do something about it.
The only part of this book I didn't like was the bit about chinese herbs but that's probably more to do with my prejudice against taking any form of drugs or supplements than anything else.
I can highly recommend this book.
on 6 September 2014
Some fab information in this book. Goes into great detail about all aspects of getting pregnant. Includes sections on specific health conditions. I've had a thyroid problem for over 20 years but no doctor has told me that my thyroid hormone levels can affect ovulation. The book is written well, very easy to read in plain terms while still being extremely informative.
on 1 December 2014
Love Zita West - buy this book! We struggled to get pregnant for a year, after buying and following this book we were pregnant within a month. Zita is reassuring, practical, looks after mind, body and spirit and helps you get yourself into a healthy place where you can conceive. Can't recommend this book highly enough
on 20 January 2008
I bought this book as I thought I was going to have lots of trouble as I have PCOS. The great thing is that Zita covers the basics (ovulation, helping the sperm reach the egg etc) and then she also goes on to talk about things to do once you are pregnant to help you keep hold of the baby.
As Zita generally deals with infertility, it can seem an overwhelming read (radically changing your diet, herbs etc)...but my approach was to educate myself on the basics first and then if that didn't work, then at least I could try the other things she suggests.
I luckily fell first time and I am now 6 months pregnant.
I have passed my copy on (sorry Amazon!) to 2 other friends who have also fallen quickly.
I don't think it is a miracle book, but it does give you the best chance of conceiving before you have to seek medical help. Aged over 30 I didn't want to just "see how it went", I wanted to give us the best chance and this book tells you how.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2009
I've only just received my copy and started reading the first chapter and glancing through the rest. I am so pleased that this book takes an holistic approach. Zita talks not only of the physical aspect of getting pregnanct, but the emotional side too, not neglegting the man's role and emphasising that relationships need to be nurtured. Just the positive, non-judgemental book we need after trying to conceive unsucesfully for 12 months. Can't wait to put it all into practice.