on 21 February 2013
Hostage to Murder Sadly the last of the Lindsay Gordon mysteries and one that sees her relationship severely put to the test as well as physical dangers as she schemes to snatch back a kidnapped boy from eastern Europe and unknowingly gets on the wrong side of an IRA killer. Written with all the flair I've become used to and although I'll have to say a fond farewell to Lindsay, at least I have Kate and Tony to look forward to and I still have to find a signed copy of it which I certainly look forward to.
on 21 October 2017
Thoughly enjoy reading the "Lindsay Gordon" series. Come on Val you need to bring her back...l need Lindsay in my life !!

I read the Tony Hill and Carol Jordon serious first and I thought they were a fantastic read and once you dip your toe into a good author you are caught in there spell of attraction...oh what to read next.....keep them coming Val.
on 29 May 2013
I have read a lot of Val McDermid's books and I think I was expecting something on the lines of 'Wire in the Blood' which was excellent. For me this was not as good as previous novels by the author but maybe I've been spoiled by her earlier work. I would still recommend the book for those who enjoy this genre,.
on 26 December 2016
Easily her worst book.
on 1 June 2016
Hated it!
on 24 August 2015
Excellent read
on 28 January 2013
Needed this to complete the series of Lindsay Gordon thrillers. I like Val McDermid's books and hadn't been able to locate this one elsewhere.
on 18 September 2013
I found the storyline very thin and barely interesting. The characters were unbelieveable. This is the first of Val McDermid's books, apart from the Tony Hill series, that I have read. I will not be returning.
on 24 July 2013
Great book kept me wondering what would happen next. I could hardly put it down it was so gripping superb
on 28 June 2015