Customer reviews

on 3 June 2016
Bought for school where we were doing a project on Space with reception class. This is a great book, such fun for the youngsters and has provided them with basic ideas for role play and space themed baking. The fold out picture of the space party at the end has provided the children with lots of fun, planning menus and writing shopping lists. The illustrations are lovely, bright and colourful. All in all, a very appealing book for any would be young space fans.
on 30 January 2014
This is a lovely book which all my grandchildren have enjoyed. Fun to read too. This latest copy, which I bought as a Christmas present, had a horrid red sticker on the front (saying, I think, As seen on TV). I tried to peel it off, but it had been there a long time, and I stopped as I was making a mess. Too near to Christmas to return the book. Very annoying, and the one occasion when I regretted buying from Amazon. In a shop I would have seen the problem. The sticker was not shown on line.
on 14 March 2016
I love this book. Very basic story line but it's easy to follow for young children. The pictures are 'friendly' and simple. It was a good book as part of our space topic and it inspired some ideas for the topic in the classroom. Junk modelling space ships using kitchen junk and then a space party at the end. Fab.
on 29 March 2013
This was a huge success with my reception class and a wonderful stimulus for early writing, especially for the boys. Much building of rockets, travelling to the moon, etc. We had a Moon Party at the end of the week - like the one in the story - children made lists of what we should eat and labels for the plates on party day. We made cheese star biscuits and rocket jelly, and ate black holes (hula hoops) and flying saucers (still avaialble at M & S!) Highly recommended. It was so popular I did what I've never done before - ordered "Q Pootle 5 in Space" on Next Day Delivery. It was worth every penny. The Year 1 teachers have now borrowed them both....
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 July 2009
My 6 year old loves this book. He first read it to me about 6 months ago; easy reading, engaging subject and great pictures for a beginner reader (reading at around turquoise/ purple/ gold book band levels). Another wonderful book from Mr Butterworth and highly recommended. My 19 month old daughter also loves it to be read to her. Superb
on 19 November 2016
Great
on 13 July 2015
Nick butterwoth never fails to amaze. Nice little story and very visual. Look out for a really nice last page poster print.
on 2 January 2014
Brilliant illustration and story line. Lends itself well to topics based around aliens and space. Great book for primary aged children.
on 11 October 2015
Lovely book, and quite comical too. My son loves it.
on 9 April 2013
The children in my class loved the simple storyline and illustrations. They are big fans of Nick Butterworth's 'Percy the Park Keeper' stories and equally enjoyed this book.