Customer reviews

on 7 March 2003
FOX IN SOX (Page 1-64)
My 3 year old and I enjoyed Fox in Sox! My son is fascinated by the rhymes and the big pictures clearly show the wonderful expressions of the characters and give him the gist of the storyline. I can empathize with Mr Knox, as I had quite a time of it getting through the tongue-twisters set by Mr Fox and this was hilarous to my son. It exposes children to lots of varied vocabulary, repetitions and is loads of imaginative fun. I also recommend Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss.
Extract: "Please, sir. I don't like this trick, sir. My tongue isn't quick or slick, sir. I get all those ticks and clocks, sir, mixed up with the chicks and tocks, sir. I can't do it, Mr. Fox, sir."
OH SAY CAN YOU SAY(Page 69-106)
My three year old is not quite ready for this, another year and he'll appreciate it more. Riotous rhymes on 15 different subjects including Fresh/Fresher/Freshest, Bed Spreader/Bread Spreader and How to tell a Klotz from a Glotz. Enjoyable, clever, silliness that even adults can enjoy.
Extract: "If you like to eat potato chips and chew pork chops on clipper ships, I suggest that you chew a few chips and a chop at Skipper Zipp's Clipper Ship Chip Chop Shop."
THE CAT'S QUIZZER (Page 110-172)
The Cat in the Hat asks a wonderful, varied, funky selection of questions. In typical Dr Suess style they are presented in an unformatted, non-linear style with expressive pictures. The questions include a quizz about the page before, how old do you have to be..,how long.., true or false, what comes out of a..,more than 100 things that begin with H and what would you do if..? Learning is fun! Great news for adults - the answers are in the back.
Extract: "True or False. Your shadow is always longer than you are."
It'll become one of those timeless favourites where you will still find something new to make you smile years later. I bought it as a gift for a friend who is 4 years old.