on 25 September 2016
I believed I was addicted to chocolate for must of my life. After reading this book, I don't eat any chocolate anymore. No willpower involved. I just don't want to eat it. I thank Jason Vale for helping me.

Update 27.2.2017

I haven't eaten any chocolate for a year. I simply don't want it. There has been no willpower. I really can't believe how much this book has changed my life. Please give it a chance. I was a serious 'addict'. I'd eat tubs of chocolate I cream, cakes and chocolate bars. Now no chocolate. Wow.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2015
I read this book twice!!! Not touched chocolate since the second time I read the book....that was 4 months ago and I've just had the biggest test (Easter) not fussed at all about it, don't crave it anymore, I don't even see it now when in shops. Reading it twice did the trick. Pre this book I would eat chocolate 3-4 a week and a few bars at a time....!
2 people found this helpful
on 18 March 2014
This book has certainly made me think about my relationship with chocolate and the advertising and messages that are being fed to us. It is too soon to see if a life time of eating chocolate will be different, but it has certainly given me lots to think about and I liked his style, simple but informative information and leaving the choice totally with the reader as to what you will do after the book has been read. Worth buying it if you struggle with chocolate and want to look at an alternative way of thinking about it.
on 9 February 2018
some interesting facts but sadly didn't stop me from my cravings :( I guess its going to take more than a book to motivate me to stop eating the brown stuff!!
on 19 May 2012
I have not eaten chocolate since reading this book about a month ago, more tellingly, I have no desire to eat chocolate and have not missed it. I'm not sure how this works, I was expecting the grand finale of the book to be some sort of self-hypnosis exercise and I was quite disappointed that it just finished without one. However, the combination of the powerful messages and the undeniable logic around the unsavoury sourcing and production practices and the way we are manipulated into eating chocolate by the big corporate machines, left me feeling slightly repelled by chocolate with no desire to eat any ever again.

This is someone who habitually bought one or more bars of chocolate every day and in fact felt slightly panicked if there was none in the house for an evening snack.

I can't guarantee it will work for everybody because I'm not sure how it works but if you in any way feel a slave to chocolate and want to remove its hold over you, then give this book a try, it's less than the cost of a week's supply of chocolate so worth a try!
2 people found this helpful
on 21 April 2018
Brilliant booked, I am an hypnotherapist and I give it to all my clients looking to stop eating chocolate, it compliments the hypnosis really well.
on 28 December 2013
This book has had a profound effect on me and I have gone on to research some of the claims to find that seem they sickeningly worse now than when this book was written. I don't imagine I shall want to eat chocolate again.

If I could make one criticism it would be that I would have liked to be told when to stop. I felt I had to keep eating it until the end of the book because of early instructions in the book. This could have been clearer.
on 9 April 2013
A gripping read which after the first couple of chapters, I could not put down!

I have been a fan of Jason Vale for quite some time but even I questioned whether he could change my whole perception of this food I am 'addicted' to.

Although it is still early days, after 2 and a half weeks I do not WANT chocolate at all. This is very different to previous occasions where I have given the stuff up (as I really wanted it but made myself avoid until 1 choc became 2 chocolates became 3 chocolates became old habits). NOW I have no desire for this substance at all, feel relieved to have had my eyes open and genuinely the thought of eating it makes me wince.

BE WARNED-it is a powerful read but one I feel blessed to have read.
on 11 March 2015
Absolutely excellent book. I read this book 13 months ago and haven't had any chocolate, sweets or desserts since. I lost about 14 pounds just by cutting chocolate and sweets out of my diet. Didn't even exercise. Then my weight levelled off, at what I consider my ideal weight.

I don't even miss sweets, not even at Christmas when they're everywhere. And I used to have a very sweet tooth.

Highly recommended.

Update:
Two and half years later, still off the sugar, still don't miss it.
on 1 February 2016
I have had a chocolate addiction for years but it got worse the last 3 years and I was eating chocolate from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep night, I tried everything including hypnotherapy several times but nothing worked. I decided to buy this booked because of the great reviews but I wasn't very hopeful. Since I bought this booked mired than 2 weeks ago I haven't had any chocolate and do not have any cravings what so ever I am not even tempted when I see it in the shop and I have now started loosing the weight I put on. This book is fantastic I am so happy I have finally been able to stop my habit.