on 20 March 2017
I would not take advice from the nutritionist Antony Haynes. Two years ago I bought a product which he distributes in t he UK and prescribes regularly and it caused severe health damage. He phoned me at home when I reported the damaging effects I had suffered from Dr Wilson's Dynamite Adrenal supplement, but refused to acknowledge that they were even possible. At the very least I should have been given a refund from him as the distributor of the supplement, but it was too much to ask for from a millionaire nutritionist. Be careful with supplements and recommendations that he makes: there's obviously a huge profit for him in it and if anything goes wrong, do not expect any acknowledgement of responsibility. His adrenal supplement nearly killed me.
on 24 September 2012
This book really pays off if you bother to read it. It doesn't offer easy promises but I have found an enormous difference to my health since making the changes. My doctor was useless; this book offered me a bit of a lifeline, quite frankly. And the recipes are great.
on 9 October 2008
This is an excellent book and a great starting point to find out what foor intolerance is all about. I have learnt a great deal and will be putting it into practice. There is a lot of reading but it is easy and very understandable. Would recommend
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 June 2008
The Food Intolerance Bible is an invaluable resource. Like many people, I was a little confused about the difference between food allergies and food intolerances. Many of the books I've read on these subjects use the words interchangeably. I know for a fact that I have some food allergies. As a child, I was thoroughly tested. Sure enough, if I ate enough a small quantity of those foods, my tongue immediately started to swell up and I started to gasp for breath. These early incidents were scary so I learned very quickly to stay well away from these foods.

Food intolerances are slightly different. The effects aren't always immediate or dramatic. Though careful watching of my body's reaction to certain foods, I was pretty sure that there were some foods in my regular diet (namely white flour, refined sugar, and chocolate) that were causing or exasperating problems such as abdominal pain, cramping, and depression. Unfortunately, these symptoms aren't always immediately noticeable so I tend to associate these foods with a feeling of comfort and increased energy.

The Food Intolerance Bible helped me gain an understanding of my body's reactions to certain foods. It also gave me an idea about what other conditions, illnesses, or body reactions could also be causing or adding to my problems. Now, I have a place to start.
on 20 August 2015
Really didn't tell me any more than what you can get off the internet if you what your looking for. I found all the books that I got went on a bit. Its hard living with allergies and intolerances but if your like me all you want to know is what your allergic to and then avoid it
on 15 February 2017
This book is actually out of date. I don't understand where concepts like anaphylactic food allergy and then gluten intolerances (coeliacs) is mention alongside new concepts like Brain Allergy are mentioned. I stopped halfway through this book and thought wait are we talking leaky gut and brain fog. Or coeliacs and candida or us this just fear mongering. Allergy is always viewed as more severe in this book and it looses the point a bit. The concept of brain allergy is mentioned but not explored.

Please don't buy this it's not functional medicine and it's not even realistic recipes. A lot more knowledge is out there on the internet for food intolerances and allergies. That's free!

The times have changed since this book was released and all this book will do is make you paranoid about food.
on 24 September 2012
A truly informative book, and one that has highlighted for me many areas that are easy to assist through diet. Clear and informative and easy suggestions with some very tempting and delicious recipe suggestions. I am a very delighted customer!
on 30 January 2010
This book is a very comprehensive study of food intolerances and their causes.

I have found it very useful in understanding my own problems that result in IBS.

It pointed me in the right direction to making changes to improve my problems and the recipes have been well thought out with solutions to several of the products that cause the intolerance. For instance I cannot tolerate tomatoes which eliminates several foods such as pizza and tomato based pasta sauces. Antoinette has researched and found alternatives to make these dishes available to me.

In the end my intolerances may still be there but already after 1 month my IBS has improved and after 50 or so years that is something for which I am grateful.
on 18 October 2011
Got this book from the library and will take it straight back. After reading the introduction and first chapter I was finished, as the rest becomes heavy, and with tick and mark questionnaires filling up the pages.

Second half of the book is full of exotic recipes where you'll need plenty of time and money sourcing the ingredients.
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2017
The book is comprehensive but i can't say i didn't really learn anything new from it. The price was very good but all i took from the book was eliminate the foods you think might be affecting you and keep a plan to see what happens when you reintroduce.