on 29 April 2016
Both my husband and me love this book. We read it all the time to our toddler and carry it round in her change bag. It is the ideal size and as with all Dr Seuss books the illustrations and rhymes keep adults and infants equally entertained. I even found that when I read this to Sophie at a mother and toddler group other toddler came round to listen so it is obviously very appealing to little minds. The only thing I find a little annoying is that the rhyme at the end doesn't work for English pronunciation of the letter z it is designed for Americans who pronounce the letter zee.
on 8 October 2014
I have vague memories of my parents reading this to me as a child and bought it for my daughter after finding it cheap here. It's much better than the standard Alphabet song for teaching children letters.
For each letter the captial and lower case forms are shown along with a catchy rhyme to demonstrate a range of possible ways the letter might sound. For example one of my favourites is:
Big F, little f, what begins with f? Four Fluffy Feathers on a Fiffer-Feffer-Feff.

My only gripe with it is that Z only rhymes if you say Zee not Zed.
on 25 March 2017
This book is brilliant and great fun. My 2 year old daughter loves it. It's a great way for her to learn the alphabet without getting bored. And you can sing it..
on 4 February 2016
Fantastic book for learning the alphabet, a great rythym builds up while you are reading it, my 22 month old loves it and when I read it I notice my son and my partner tapping their foot to the rythym.
on 22 June 2016
Haven't had this book out very much but I like it is educational and fun
on 17 April 2015
I have good memories of this as a child, used it for my first daughter now 16 and have a copy for my current baby daughter ready to go. Suess's books foster a love of reading. The text is spot on and the alliterations make them very memorable. 'Kick a kettle, kite and a king's kerchoo!' sticks in my mind as one example. Great stuff.
on 26 September 2016
I can see why this is so popular. Sing song repeats and letter reognition. Excellent.
on 21 September 2015
Good helping children Learn the alphabet they enjoy the little sentences
on 22 December 2016
The funnies way to learn the alphabet.
on 19 November 2016
A bit different to the usual ABC which lots of made up words and creatures - very entertaining.