on 29 April 2016
Both my husband and me love this book. We read it all the time to our toddler and carry it round in her change bag. It is the ideal size and as with all Dr Seuss books the illustrations and rhymes keep adults and infants equally entertained. I even found that when I read this to Sophie at a mother and toddler group other toddler came round to listen so it is obviously very appealing to little minds. The only thing I find a little annoying is that the rhyme at the end doesn't work for English pronunciation of the letter z it is designed for Americans who pronounce the letter zee.
on 8 October 2014
I have vague memories of my parents reading this to me as a child and bought it for my daughter after finding it cheap here. It's much better than the standard Alphabet song for teaching children letters.
For each letter the captial and lower case forms are shown along with a catchy rhyme to demonstrate a range of possible ways the letter might sound. For example one of my favourites is:
Big F, little f, what begins with f? Four Fluffy Feathers on a Fiffer-Feffer-Feff.

My only gripe with it is that Z only rhymes if you say Zee not Zed.
on 3 June 2017
Fantastic book, my two little grandaughters love it and can now say the alphabet all the way through. Extremely funny and a great read. Would highly recommend.
on 25 March 2017
This book is brilliant and great fun. My 2 year old daughter loves it. It's a great way for her to learn the alphabet without getting bored. And you can sing it..
on 23 March 2016
My 23 month old daughter absolutely loves this book. I think it will be key in teaching her letter recognition. She loves to sing along with me. Yes, there are some fictional words, but that is what makes it funny to its young audience - a great way to make learning fun.
on 4 February 2016
Fantastic book for learning the alphabet, a great rythym builds up while you are reading it, my 22 month old loves it and when I read it I notice my son and my partner tapping their foot to the rythym.
on 17 April 2015
I have good memories of this as a child, used it for my first daughter now 16 and have a copy for my current baby daughter ready to go. Suess's books foster a love of reading. The text is spot on and the alliterations make them very memorable. 'Kick a kettle, kite and a king's kerchoo!' sticks in my mind as one example. Great stuff.
on 22 June 2016
Haven't had this book out very much but I like it is educational and fun
on 26 September 2016
I can see why this is so popular. Sing song repeats and letter reognition. Excellent.
on 19 November 2016
A bit different to the usual ABC which lots of made up words and creatures - very entertaining.