on 21 June 2017
My 3 year old loves these Percy books and she particularly likes the extra bits, for example, with this one having to go back through the story to look for hidden chocolate coins. She also likes the random folding pages.
on 6 October 2006
Nick Butterworth is a great storyteller and illustrator. Percy the Park Keeper is a gentle, lovable hero that my 3 year-old son can't get enough of. This story is typical of the rest of the series in having a sweet group of annimal friends have a small adventure with Percy. This in itself would be enough to recommend the book.

However, we were inspired by the treasure hunt within the story. Percy draws pictures of the locations of the clues as his animal friends can't read. We created a visual treasure hunt for our son that has expanded over several months to have over 20 clues to chose from. He loves it. The experience is enhanced by reading this story at bedtime on a day when we have had a treasure hunt. How many books actually make you go out and do something different in the real world?
on 22 April 2013
We bought this for a bedtime story as we had previously loved 'One Snowy Night' by Nick Butterworth. This has proved to be another lovely story with beautiful illustrations. My daughter likes the challenges at the end of these books (in this case, find the three dropped coins in the pictures). Not quite as challenging as the 'One Snowy Night' search.
on 18 January 2010
This is a great story, my four year old boy loves it. He especially loves the surprise at the end when you have to look back through the book and find Percy's missing gold coins. This book has been well loved and is one of the few that we have been asked to read over and over again. Definitely would recommend!
on 2 April 2014
my children find this ok..i think they do not really follow the story which is a shame. it just doesn't engage them in the car like others we have although they love the books at home. a shame. I wish id bought Kipper now.
on 9 July 2011
my son loves this book I have read it so many times I do not even need to look at the pages any more to tell him the story, the pictures are fantastic and I love the addition of having to find the gold coins.
on 13 November 2014
Kids didn't seem that interested. Lots of unnecessary music at the beginning of the CD. Richard Briers was great in films but not really suited to telling kids stories…my opinion of course!
on 29 January 2012
We love the Percy park-keeper collection, we have them all now and have just bought the one DVD too. The most amazing illistrations and really fun stories, both my boys love them
on 30 July 2010
I have used this book a couple of times with reception classes and they love the story! Brilliant to use an intro to a treasure hunt. Lovely pictures too!
on 18 December 2013
Our 4 year old loves Percy. She can read most of it on her own and with the pictures the story is rewarding. It is the base for creative games.