on 31 July 2016
I really do think that this book is incredible. It essentially explains the thought process and rationale of both men and women alongside each other, and enables you to compare and contrast in a uniquely charming way using story-telling and different scenarios, some being "out of this world"! I would really recommend it as a book to read with a partner or alone, as it can improve relationships not only at home, but with work colleagues and acquaintances as well.

There are several chapters in the book about different "areas" of trouble, and through it offers advice as to the difference in how men and women express themselves and the differences in the meaning of their words. After reading this book, I found that there is a lot that goes on in the way we communicate than I had ever realised! Difficulties in my communication with others became much more understandable having read this book. It goes with the basic gist that men are looking to offer solutions to problems that women bring up in conversation, whereas women are looking for empathy and understanding. A lot of communication issues, I believe, can be solved by remembering this basic trend!

Some may argue that it could be a bit of old-fashioned stereotyping nowadays, especially as it was originally published over two decades ago! I still believe that it is very much worth a read and there are still a lot of similarities between how this book describes many common situations and how society works today. For anyone who has ever claimed that either men/women are difficult to understand, this book is definitely worth a read!
on 11 February 2018
The author shares many interesting theories on how men and women operate differently in relationships, and how they are different in their way of thinking and understanding of the world. I found some of the theories more relatable than others, but I guess that's the reality of human condition. We are not all the same, nor do we share the same experiences. None the less, I thought the book was useful in instilling the idea that men and women are different, and may not react the say way in a given circumstance. So when you feel the opposite sex is not understanding you, its perhaps because you're not speaking their language. Lastly, there are 307 pages in this book, I think there's room for a concise and updated version within 200 pages.
on 7 July 2016
A very useful book about understanding the differences between men and women and how to consolidate them. Requires a lot of compromise and understanding for different ways of operating. It's good to be aware of these concepts but practise is hard, I find. Some of the views are a bit stereotypical and of course every person and relationship is individual and will differ slightly from another.
on 15 August 2015
I have a male friend who had read this & kept quoting bits at me so I thought I'd read it so I could quote it back to him. It's an interesting read but very repetitive & a lot of it is information you probably already know. It also gives very definite distinctions between males & females in an almost stereotypical way which I didn't think applied in reality. I think the majority of men & women are a mixture of male & female attributes rather than being completely one or the other. Having said all that it's worth a read - My copy was only £2.99 so you're not spending a lot & I did pick up a few tips on how to get my man to put out the rubbish..!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 December 2014
The second best book I have ever had the pleasure to read. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. If you are considering starting a relationship, invest in this book and it will help you and your potential partner to experience a much richer and more enjoyable relationship. I've bought this now for lots of my friends because it really is worth it. My girlfriend is often telling me about her friends that complain that their man doesn't listen or he doesn't understand them, then she thanks me for being so good to her. Why? Because I understand the opposite sex. How? From this incredible book.
on 2 July 2015
I read this book years ago when it was first published and found it quite interesting then. However I have just re-purchased it for my 35 year old daughter and flicked through it again - I was surprised that it no longer seems relevant to today's situations. It is biased in that it just gives men an excuse for behaving quite selfishly - your life is supposed to change when you get married! None of the scenarios seem based on real (English) life so I suppose I would not recommend it.
on 12 March 2018
Interesting but obviously written by a man and the reason it does not get more stars from me is that I almost sense that the author is trying to get us all to see things from the male point of view.
on 22 July 2015
Am working my way through this book as I desperately need an insight into why men are so selfish. It just confirms they are really really selfish and so far all I've garnered is you have to put up and shut up or remain single, cause I'm sure the man in my life certainly isn't going to read it and if he isn't at least going to meet me a quarter of the way, never mind half way, this relationship will go down the drain like all the rest.
on 24 December 2017
Excellent. Read it if you're a man Read if you're a woman. Read it before you start relationships with the opposite sex. It's an informative and well written.
on 5 October 2017
Great book, but I feel that something which is explained is then explained over and over again, using more and more examples, but saying still the same thing.