on 21 June 2013
The 1st book in the MM4K's range by Tony Buzan (2nd is 'Max Your Memory and Concentration'), and must say I'm very impressed. Not sure why these techniques are not used more in our schools but probably a good idea for parents not to leave this to chance. Some of these techniques would be classed as 'accelerated learning' which in theory means they could be useful for all ability ranges.
Although these books are written for children (7+), the younger the child the more likely that they will need these techniques explaining to them, although it will be a good study companion throughout later primary and high school.

Note - The information in these books is just as relevant to adults although there are books written by Mr Buzan for the adult reader. Recommended.
6 people found this helpful
on 24 September 2017
This wasn't what I thought it was. I would say it's suitable for an older child around 10
on 7 May 2018
I love this book, my son also
on 26 June 2016
Hoping it will inspire my secondary school child and make her super brainy.
on 29 September 2014
well laid out and colourful - has lots of good ideas for using mindmaps as a planning tool for children to use. Have not yet used any of the ideas/contexts but plan to later in the term.
on 24 July 2016
This is a great book to work with children, however I use it myself as an adult you can apply it to goal setting.
on 17 March 2014
My dyslexic son has found this an invaluable study tool. It is amazing how drawing the maps actually gets the information to stay in your brain.
6 people found this helpful
on 21 October 2013
I purchased this book to help me explain to a student in a one-one situation the different study skills that may suit their particular way of learning. This book is good for students aged 12+
on 19 September 2017
first class
on 27 January 2014
I bought this for my nephew for his homework but i have to admit i read it and used its hints and tips myself... I have recently been diagnoised with dyslexia and i have been told this concept is great for someone like me. I have started using this in my daily working environment and it is indeed a simple but effective way of visually remembering. V pleased.
2 people found this helpful