on 1 January 2015
My wife spotted this, but it's essentially useless , just more examples of mind-maps - no new insights how to use them with children. More for the kids then the parents ...
on 27 July 2009
This book is very user friendly and helps when you try to come to terms with Mind Maps
on 3 July 2011
i found this book a break through for my son who is on the autistic spectrum an amazing alternative way of teaching. thanks !!!!
on 10 March 2003
Tony Buzan has been at this mind mapping stuff for a while now and I wish someone had given me this book when I was at school. Its really easy to follow and before you know it your kids will be drawing colourful spider diagrams full of facts that help them with their school work. I gave one to my nephew and I've never seen him so interested in his homework.
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2014
I bought this for my nephew for his homework but i have to admit i read it and used its hints and tips myself... I have recently been diagnoised with dyslexia and i have been told this concept is great for someone like me. I have started using this in my daily working environment and it is indeed a simple but effective way of visually remembering. V pleased.
on 5 January 2011
The definitive guide to mind-mapping for kids. Good for around age 8 or 9 but obviously depends on the child.
on 30 April 2017
This was recommended by my daughter's dyslexia tutor. It is fabulous, clear fun and engaging. My daughter actually read it cover to cover (she rarely reads for pleasure) and has started to use the technique to take notes in school and to plan her work.
on 21 April 2013
I loved Mind Maps as a student and think its a good and useful strategy to introduce to bright kids.
on 17 December 2014
Bought this book to help me at work. Once you get the jist of it in the first few pages you really don't need to read the rest. However having said that it was incredibly useful (it's aimed at school s tudents) and I shared it with work colleagues.
on 17 July 2015
Buzan is the king of rehash, for the past 30 years or so he's been repeating the same basic mind map lessons in his the books and this is no different. It spends a lot of time on benefits and not on practical usage with very basic and trivial examples