on 15 February 2006
This book provides a vast amount of information on the correlation between cancer and diet. Shockingly, statistics suggest that as many as 35% of cancers are related to poor diets – a increase in the consumption of processed foods and a decrease in the consumption of whole grains and vegetables considered one major contributing factor to cancer increase.
This book has recipes at the back but is primarily a great resource on cancer and diet. If you have cancer, or know someone with cancer then this book is definitely worth a read. However if you follow the advice from this book you have to be prepared to make some vast changes in your diet. This book suggest cutting out all meat, fish, dairy, caffeine, salt, sugar, processed and refined foods – it sounds harsh but I think the key is cutting things out gradually and deciding for yourself how far you are prepared to go.
This book also provides information on individual foods which helps you, as the reader, make up your own mind about what you want to include and cut out from your diet.
My only complaint about this book is that some of the recipes are a little too far from the norm for me. If you have cancer and are thinking of changing your diet I’m not sure that Malay-spice Tofu or Poppy Seed and Sour Cream Pasta is something you are going to fancy for tea – however some of the recipes are lovely and you can adapt them to suit yourselves. They have a lovely spiced apple cake which is only sweetened with honey and tasty date and banana cookies.
This book is definitely worth a read if you want to know more about the links between cancer and diet and the healing power of foods – but you may want to skip some of the recipes.
on 9 July 2003
I bought this book recently and found it offered very reasonable advice. It deals with many different issues facing people with cancer it a very balanced way. As it is not sepcifically promoting just one type of treatment or therapy it is not biased and thus seems very trustworthy. The recipies are very good and there is good advice about changing your lifestyle slowly and managing to maintain it. I read it cover to cover and impemented all the changes straight away and I feel better already.
on 3 August 2017
A+ transaction. Book as described.Prompt delivery and good communication. I would certainly buy from this seller again.
The book is for a friend suffering from cancer and having used it
in helping in my own struggle with chemo and radiotherapy I wanted to share its advice and information. Well written and well presented it gives a no nonsense approach to dealing with a disease that will strike 1 in 3 of us in some way.
on 4 August 2006
I bought this book for my Mom who had just been on a one day course in Bristol on how to live with cancer and how food can help. Both my Mom and Dad found the course very useful, so I thought I'd buy them a book that would hopefully back up what they had learnt.

This book is fantastic - so my Mom says, it backs everything up that she learnt on her course, and is written in a precise and clear way, that she can understand. The recipes are most useful. One of the authors was actually the tutor on the course, and the other was the oncologist.

This book is a must if you are living with cancer and have just found out (like my Mom did) that she is not to have any dairy products in her diet.

Well recommended to all.
on 25 January 2015
not what I expected
on 29 September 2013
It is a vegan cookbook dressed up to jump on the cancer beating diets in my view. Not worth the money.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2010
This is a fantasticly encouraging book . It can be picked up and at any section & there's some pertinent information at hand . With not having to read straight through from cover to cover the transition in dietry change can be at my own pace . I have found that by using a pad of sticker notes , I can hihglight key phrases or food items for shopping lists & find them later at a glance . What is an added bonus for me is that other ailments I suffer from , ie diabetes type 2 will also be beneficially affected by this dietry change . I would gladly recommend it to anybody with cancer or who has a family history of cancer .
on 6 February 2013
Gives wide-ranging information relating to nutrition and cancer, supplements - and their value some pitfalls. Also, the foods to avoid.

The suggestions in this book are consistent with many other sources dealing with non-mainstream approaches to dealing with (or avoiding) cancer and because it is very readable and consice I give a strong recommendation.
on 1 February 2009
A useful book. The nutritional and health advice is helpful - although it remains to be seen whether it is a life saver or not! The recipes sound and look interesting and tasty but I haven't actually tried any yet so cannot vouch for them.
This is an interesting nutritional guide. It seems to be oriented more towards chemo patients rather than radio therapy patients. I would have liked something on dietary support of oestrogen blocking drug therapies, which are increasingly used for early intervention. In particular, how to increase calcium intake to lessen overall long term tendency towards osteoporosis due to accelerated bone de calcification.