on 12 January 2004
My three year old asks for this book again and again and it is one of his favourite bedtime stories. He loves knocking on his bed as each animal knocks on the door and he knows certain phrases by heart and says them aloud before I get a chance to read them. It is a classic and well worth the buy.
on 19 January 2000
This has to be my favourite book I chose it because it was exciting because with some cute cuddly characters.It was a good story it had a happy ending and I loved the illustrations.It also was one of the first book I remember my mum reading to me.My Favourite character is the little biack mole because he is not the monster you think he is,he is just a cute cuddly creature."This is'nt a monster"said Percy. "It's a mole!" Percy is the park keeper who lives in a hut in the park,he looks after the animals of the park and their homes.This is a well writen well illustrated book and it makes me feel glad that I have a lovely warm bed on cold winter nights.
on 18 November 2000
A wonderful winters tale from Percy the parkkeeper and his friends. This is a perfect bedtime story with Percy helping his animal friends during "one snowy night". The story is humerous and endearing and my 2 and a half year old daughter loves it. Another success from a brilliant author!
on 1 May 2008
It is winter and it is snowing. All through the evening, Percy gets knocks from various different animals and they all want to share the bed. The problem is the bed is too small for them all. How will all of the animals and Percy get through the night? Find out in this book... I really, really, really like Percy the Park Keeper adventures (and have got four of the books) and would definitely and positively rate this book 8/ 10. I would absolutely strongly recommend it to everyone who likes Percy the Parker as well! Nick Butterworth has done a great job with all of the books - so I look forward to read and review other of his books!
on 27 March 2000
This is a wonderful, cosy, heartwarming story - which is just what a children's book should be. There is only the merest hint of realism (the fox is allowed inside with the rabbits, as long as he promises to behave) and it makes perfect bedtime reading for a chilly night.
on 2 February 2007
Lovely book to read and, for my 3 year old son, listen to. Lots of actions (knocking on doors, snuggling under blankets, budging up etc), bit of a frightener (not too much) with the noise under the shed and a spot of 'who is where?'. Even explains how the fox is allowed in with the other animals.

I'll be looking to get more in the series but we're still into this one.
on 23 July 2016
A beautifully written and illustrated children's book by Nick Butterworth with Percy the Park Keeper. Percy is kind and sharing and it teaches the child good moral values in a fun way. It is a must for young children.
on 30 August 2007
What can I say about this truly wonderful and magical book that has not already been said. It is wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated and just the right length for a snuggly bedtime story. My son is now 4 years old and still loves to hear the stories about Percy the Park Keeper. We even purchased the DVD (which is truly wonderful too).

I personally love to read this story and have even been known to suggest it to my son for bedtime reading. If you don't already own this book, then don't hesitate to buy it today, you will not regret it.
on 30 October 2015
I love this book! My granddaughter (3) was glued to it. Beautiful illustrations and a heartwarming story. Bonus is the poster at the back of the book where she had to find the hidden objects. Wonderful...!
on 30 January 2017
Oh such a lovely book. Nearly kept it for myself but was bought for granddaughter as a present. She loves it. Obviously, one snowy night the park animals join Percy in his warm cabin. The story is about all of them in the cabin and what happens.