on 25 November 2014
I ordered the hardcover version as I think they usually last longer. However I was really disappointed when I received it as the book is quite small (15x15cm) and I hadn't checked the size. I thought it would be roughly the usual 25x25 cm given that it was £2 more expensive than the paperback version. Also, this hardcover version doesn't have the unfoldable "surprise" at the end like all the Percys book. I guess it would be too small to read anything!
I didn't bother returning it as it was costing £5 for shipping and handling vs. £6 I paid so I will just give it to my daughter's school.
I ordered the paperback version and it's great. Nice story for this time of the year.
on 23 July 2016
A beautifully written and illustrated children's book by Nick Butterworth with Percy the Park Keeper. Percy is kind and sharing and it teaches the child good moral values in a fun way. It is a must for young children.
on 1 February 2018
Nick Butterworth books are always a complete delight and this is no exception
Lovely little story with wonderful pictures. These are a joy to read , both my sons loved these stories and now my nieces love them too
on 30 January 2017
Oh such a lovely book. Nearly kept it for myself but was bought for granddaughter as a present. She loves it. Obviously, one snowy night the park animals join Percy in his warm cabin. The story is about all of them in the cabin and what happens.
on 8 September 2017
This is a beautiful book! I am a primary school teacher and this book is very popular. I have used this in nursery right through. I love to see the children's faces when you reveal what is scaring the animals. The illustrations are stunning and very detailed. There is also a lovely pull out poster at the back. Great story that can be read over and over again.
on 18 November 2017
This is one of my favourite childhood stories, I would highly recommend for a Christmas present as this book is truly lovely! The quality was very good! A must read and must buy for the kids for Christmas! Magical!
on 22 April 2013
We absolutely love this book. The first time I read it to my daughter (then 2) she loved finding out who was at the door but was really scared about what the noise could be. Then, when the mystery was revealed, she loved it. She also loves looking for the objects in the fold out picture at the end of the book. Even after finding all the objects, there is always more to find and talk about. We have read it over and over again and since purchased two more Percy the park keeperbooks.
on 23 July 2015
One of my all time favourite books for children. Such a magical story which captures my daughters imagination completely. Lovely gold out page at the back for spotting all the animals hiding. Love all the Percy's park books but this one is our favourite! Cant recommend enough!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 January 2018
Lovely story perfect for cold winter's nights. Can't believe I hadn't heard of It until recently.
on 30 October 2015
I love this book! My granddaughter (3) was glued to it. Beautiful illustrations and a heartwarming story. Bonus is the poster at the back of the book where she had to find the hidden objects. Wonderful...!