on 2 August 2017
Perfect - just what I wanted.
on 4 November 2015
The Delphi Series is excellent
on 12 June 2017
I loved his stories as a child and, now in my sixties, I still enjoy them and his other works.
on 5 May 2015
this is a nice book
on 31 May 2017
Love the happy Prince
on 27 May 2017
Almost perfect condition and fantastic price
on 11 September 2017
Wonderful
on 31 March 2013
I purchased this to replace another edition of Wilde's collected works produced by a rival e-publisher.

That version was not up to snuff due to the editing of the contents of the poetry section. The lines of the poems were broken up; words meandering, seemingly, across the page at random. This is a problem that is encountered with sickening regularity with e-versions of poetry. They are simply ported over in to e-format; the layout of the poetry being thrown out in the process and simply published in the mutilated format that the transition produces.

Some well known publishing houses are guilty of this slapdash work.

Delphi was not, until now, numbered amongst those guilty of this offence. I had purchased a number of their poetry collections in the past and had been well pleased with the solid production values of each of the collections that I had bought.

Imagine my horror therefore when I turned from the admittedly solid and well laid out prose section of this collection to look at the poetry at the tail end of the e-book.

The poems were in the exact same butchered state as those in the rival publication. The same errors were replicated in the same places; right down to the irritating lozenges with the insane question mark in the centre of them that pop up at the end of the lines like so many toadstools in a merde besplattered field.

This makes it impossible to read and enjoy the poems.

How could this have happened? I had thought Delphi to be above this sort of thing.

Are their production values falling off?

I have not as yet found anything to object to in the prose section. However working my way though that will be the work of many months.

I hope I will not be disappointed. Come on Delphi! You can do better than this.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2011
I bought this for two reasons.

Firstly I am studying English literature at A level, and thought Oscar Wilde would be perfect for my wider reading I need for the course. However, I wasn't fully aware of all his creations, so I thought the best bet would be to get the collection of all his works!

Secondly, I've heard much about him, and have had a recent wish to read his poems especially. And I have found by reading this, his work is beautiful, well written, and a pleasure to read.

And contrary to what others have posted in their reviews, I haven't had a problem with the size of the text. I feel it is a comfortable font size to read, and if any bigger, the book would probably had to have been split into 2 seperate books.

All round, a definately good purchase.
on 6 June 2011
I got this book for my birthday because I'm a huge Oscar Wilde fan. It contains every single one of his works, including letters and poems, so it's an amazing buy and definitely worth it (the price is great too!!).
The only downfall is the font; it's too small! I find this one of the main trade-off's in Collins Classics. The price is great but the font is definitely too small and hard to read. I wish they would make it bigger because it becomes unbearable at times.