Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 August 2017
Disappointing - did not enjoy the style of the writing at all. Was surprised because previous books
had been quite enjoyable.
on 16 August 2017
Good condition as advertised very pleased
on 26 May 2017
A great read. Brilliant author
on 2 August 2017
ok
on 30 November 2013
Another excellent story by Val. A book which drew me in quickly, and kept me enthral led. A brilliant read, by a brilliant author.
on 6 February 2013
I have read many Val McDermid books but unfortunately this one is not up to the standard of the others. In fact I found the subject matter completely boring and if I did not have a policy of always reading a book to the end I would have almost certainly given up on this one.
on 14 June 2015
excellent read
on 6 June 2017
As expected.
on 28 January 2008
Having read lots of Val McDermid's books and loved every one, I was very disappointed with "Kick Back". I even considered not finishing the book - I just didn't care if the mystery was solved nor was I interested in Kate Brannigan. All of the other McDermid books I have read have been compulsive page turners - and often I would look forward to every opportunity to get reading. Not so with Kick Back which seemed pedestrian in comparison. I will still buy and read McDermid, but will stear clear of Kate Brannigan.
on 14 October 2001
This book has everything: It's funny, exciting, well written and I just love the heroine Kate Brannigan. I can't think of a better female role model! In this book Brannigan keeps quite busy. She takes on an absurdly mysterious case, where whole conservatories have gone missing. At the same time she has to help her best friend Alexis and her girlfriend, who want to build a new house. They buy a piece of land, only to realise that the same plot has been sold to someone else as well.
McDermid's style is absolutely brilliant and this is one of her best books, almost as good as Blue Genes. Brannigan is an even more convincing, interesting and incredibly funny person than Kinsey Milhone or any other female detective. This book is impossible to stop reading. I loved it so much I have actually reread it several times, something I seldom do with crime novels. Read it!