on 7 May 2016
AMAZING! everyone needs to read this
2 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2017
Beautiful and emotional story
on 19 April 2014
An exquisitely beautiful book from the depths of Bauby's heart. Combining facts with hazy dreams and heart-breaking honesty with jarring wishful thinking it's a book which has been indelibly imprinted on my soul. Be uplifted, humbled, educated and grief-stricken in one breath.
on 4 December 2017
A great read at a good price and of good quality. Thanks.
on 22 November 2017
A very moving book of a very brave man, unimaginable for most of us and to then write about it. Merci!
on 29 April 2012
Reading this I found myself grateful I could do something as simple as scratching an itch on my nose. How many books can inspire that attention to detail in everyday life? It could easily have been a miserable tale - the author had so very much to complain about - but his courage, honesty, humanity, and humour make it one of the most moving books I have ever read.
on 10 May 2018
Good read
on 18 December 2010
This book makes you see just how precious we are; a human life is. An extraordinary account as seen through the eyes of a man who developed a condition called 'Locked in Syndrome'. One mans virtues, his unimaginable patience, inner strength and formidable energy. His lonely courageous daily battles, his lonely suffering, his lonely fragile existence. Written beautifully from the heart, this gripping story applies a new dimension to what it means to be human. A wonderful source of empathy which we all desperately need in modern society. Breathtakingly beautiful...
on 6 February 2010
An amazing book by a man suffering from Locked-In Syndrome. His physical world shrank when he became hospitalised and thus reliant on carers for his needs, but his imagination knew no bounds. His earlier experiences were relived, providing him with a rich source of pleasures. The book is easy to read and, with its short chapters, makes the reader want to read on to discover what Bauby has to say. There is a denouement at the end that is striking, to say the least! A book well worth reading.
on 5 October 2012
I was told about this book by a friend, I didnt know anything about it but thought the story sounded amazing. I read in 2 days, the book is quite short, but very inspiring. It makes you realise how life cannot be taken for granted and how you must just live your life and try to be as happy as you can.