on 24 June 2017
A must-have for anyone suffering from endometriosis. I started the diet 2 months ago and I'm already pain free! A life-changing read!
on 11 May 2017
Interesting book. A relief to read if you are not just accepting the mainstream approach to this condition, which is to only treat symptoms. Made me look for the cause - often food allergies that cause inflammation. Visit a naturopath!
on 8 August 2003
I have found this book excellent. It gives a very comprehensive easy to understand view, it feels supportive. It gives great nutritional advice. It is the best book on endometriosis i have found so far, I would recommend it to everyone with the disease.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2015
Interesting but without clear and straight advaice. Health diet is the recomendation as it recomended anyhow for everyone who wants to be health.
on 10 November 2015
I bought my copy of this book about 12 years ago. A superb book that is the difference between suffering and healing. The nutritional advice and science behind it along with quotes and case studies make it very easy to shift you lifestyle to a better, healthier version of you. My older sister had suffered endometriosis and after an operation she decided that she didn't want to go down that route again (unfortunately it was not till after surgery that she was told that the surgery actually spreads the sites of endometrisis) (It did also remove a large cyst/endometrioma that was pressing on her spine and bladder). She was never told that nutrition alters your hormones and can improve things. I also had an operation to remove a cyst from my ovary, again I was told after surgery that this can spread the problem whilst removing the cyst. I was told that nutrition would not have helped enough. Well after reading the book and acting on all of the advice given in the February when it looked like the condition was resurfacing, my health improved and as a 37 year old...with many years of mis-diagnosis (I was told in my 20s that I was probably menopausal!!) I found out that I was pregnant (I'm not saying that following the suggestions for lifestyle and nutrition changes will result in pregnancy - but it did in my case). I was told I was sub-fertile so it came as rather a shock and a very pleasant surprise. Never underestimate the power of improved nutrition. I know someone who has had 5 operations for endo....they didn't read the book. My sister and I had no recurrence of this condition-we read the book!
I bought this copy for a lady in her early 50s who was potentially going to have a hysterectomy and her daughter who looks like she might have poly-cystic ovary syndrome. I am sure they will both benefit from this.
on 19 November 2015
Great book with useful advice
on 19 January 2003
A comprehensive and articulate collection of must-know facts about endometriosis. A full description of the condition, symptoms, medical treatments, related conditions and alternative treatments - primarily through nutrition - combining traditional and up-to-the minute medical facts with both case studies and the author's own personal experience. The author is a reliable source of information, being actively involved in worldwide research, treatment and working alongside charities. A "bible" for anyone with, or that might have, endometriosis.
on 7 November 2016
The book arrived before the estimated date for delivery. I read the book before, now I'm reading it again. It is a great book that includes the scientific information and testimonials of different women with endometriosis. It talks about diet and nutrition as a complementary approach. It is a great book to refer to your doctor, actually. I have applied some of the suggestions, they help a lot but I am still dueling with diet changes which make it more difficult to have better results. Anyways it is really difficult to change our diet overnight, but I already see great results.
on 2 February 2006
I read this book after diagnosis and much pain/fear/confusion. Then I went to see Dian to get some treatment.
It worked for me, very quickly. 2 years down the line I am happy and healthy and the endo is stable.
If you don't want to go down the hormone/sugery route - set aside some time to read this book and then go and see Dian.
on 8 July 2014
A very good book giving a thorough explanation about endometriosis, hormones, digestive system and more. If you are reading it for the very first time it can be quite daunting and overwhelming. It's best read a little at a time so you can soak in the information and make any changes required little by little.

I use it more as a reference book and go to it when I need to remind myself of certain things such as what vitamins and minerals are the most helpful.

It does contain some diet plans and recipes but you may need something else to supplement this if you specifically want meal ideas.