Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 June 2013
Someone ought to tell Tish Rabe that pluto is not a planet anymore. The "trick" to remembering the planets in correct order was just confusing. Could have improved it with easier names rather than Meetzahs for mars, and a better layout of the trick would have made it more straighforward. I don't think it was fluid enough in that respect. Don't get me started on the "rights" which were far too many when they did appear eg "we're spinning right with it right now every day" and "right this minute a million of our earths could all fit right in it". Then you have the "cause" and the "em", i don't think it would have hurt the rhyme at all to say because and them instead.

A side from that, a great little book. My child loves it and it is full of wonderful information that can be learnt quickly with lots of fun. I actually had no idea the sun was a star, so thanks for improving my mind :)
on 19 February 2016
My little one is really into solar system stuff and likes this book, but has trouble when they say there are nine planets since Pluto is a dwarf planet now. His comment was that he wishes the people who wrote the book would update it to say there are only 8 planets!
on 29 July 2014
Bought this for my son's third birthday and he asked to read it again several times before the day was out. Great illustrations as you would expect from the cat in the hat series. Some of the rhyming is slightly incongruous but it doesn't detract from the overall story and it's catchy so very helpful for remembering the names of the planets and has some nice facts as well. I love the size and feel of these books as they are perfect for reading alone or reading with parents.
on 9 July 2010
My 4 year old loves this book and even my 2 year old knows all the planet names now. Best one of the Cat in the Hat's Learning Library!
on 30 April 2010
This book is absolutely brilliant! It's fun and education, written in simple rhymes that will stay with your child for a long time. My 5-year old thoroughly enjoyed it and even made some illustrations of the planets of her own to go with the book :) The concept is easy - the kids learn a great deal of fairly complex information without even realising it. Mom and dad learned a great deal, too! I still can't cite the names of all the planets of our universe in the correct order, though but my 5-year-old can!

I would also recommend "Inside Your Outside" book in the same series. Do you know where the smallest bone in your body is? :)
on 8 November 2011
There is so much information in this book - facts and fun. We love it.

I never knew the names of the planets so quickly in order sequence until I read this book and I am 39
on 31 May 2013
My wife got this and many other books for our grandson he likes to hear her reading to him and as she reads he watches as she points to the words and this lets him recognises the words while listening to the story
Cheers
Archie
on 12 May 2012
My 4yr old son loves the Cat in the Hat, so thought I would try this book as he also likes space things. He LOVES this book and has very quickly learnt all the names of the planets and details about them. It's written in a fun and interesting way so that parents enjoy it too! A great read.
on 12 January 2012
I read the reviews on Amazon before buying this book. It was just as they said-Great! Informative & fun.My daughter really likes reading it out loud to anyone (inc the dog) that will listen :)
on 13 May 2010
A popular one for bedtime, youngest daughter loves Dr Suess and these books couple together subject content and vocab in a very entertaining way.

Ace.