Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 January 2003
A fascinating insight into how Buckingham Palace functions. The book covers all aspects of how life is organised for the Royal Family, from transport to the detail that goes into organising State Banquets. The reason I have a high regard for Brian Hoey is that unlike so many other Royal commentators he doesn't write in a gossipy fashion and avoids making a series of assumptions, which unfortunately many others have to resort to.
A must have for any Monarchist!
11 Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2014
Packed full of information, some of which you may know, some surprising and some downright astonishing. Covers just about everything, including palaces, royal train and staff comments and observations.
on 25 July 2014
Interesting book - a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than anyone realizes. A world away from what most of us know, but it makes me glad we're us and not them.
on 14 November 2013
nothing really new for old bioigraphy Readers like me. Still nice as a secture to fall asleep with in bed
on 13 February 2017
I am spending many hours reading this book and goodness knows when I will finish it as I can't help myself reading parts out to my husband . I am not sure if he appreciates it as much as I do but he always says " That's nice " so that is kind of reassuring , I think anyway , or am I missing something here ?
on 2 November 2016
Detailed insight into day-to-day running of Buckingham Palace and headquarters of British Monarchy. However few things have changed so it is not really up to date but it still provides an interesting view of Buckingham Palace backstage.
on 5 October 2011
An excellent read, compelling with a real insight into working for the Royal Family.Easy to get into, very easy to stay there.
on 25 February 2011
This book is very interesting. There are very small parts which are quite boring (like half a chapter), but overall a brilliant book that gives an amazing insight into the royal household. It really is 5/5!
on 11 February 2017
A pleasant read although much out of date now.
Still, an insight into how The Palace runs so sweetly.
on 17 June 2016
A very curious and detailed information. Too much detailed for any 'commoner' but still very interesting.