Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 May 2016
Like the Mystery of Chimneys ( which features several of the same characters) this marvellous, somewhat Wodhousian romp is scarcely recognisable as a Christie. It's a wonderful spoof on the adventure stories of the time, fast moving and extremely funny. I couldn't put it down, and felt quite bereft when I'd finished it. In fact, I could almost contemplate starting it again, and I seldom re-read a title -- life is too short. Forget the Poirots (often badly written); if Agatha were still with us I should cry: more like this please!
on 1 April 2017
Characters great funny so well defined. You believe they are real. Oh but they are. Really. I. Was there. ...It was a story you place your self. In. That's the author s. Gift.
on 11 July 2017
I'm a huge fan of Agatha Christie and have read a great many of the novels. This one had escaped me. It's ok, although the plot is hugely far-fetched I thought. And the characters are all a mixture of Hooray-Henrys and P G Wodehouse characters - all rather empty-headed, vacuous, good-for-nothing very much except ordering servants around, lolling about and being a complete waste of space. I read it because it was an Agatha Christie, but I can't say I'd really recommend it.
on 16 April 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable romp with lovely characters and a good plot. One I had not read before no famous detective needed.
on 27 April 2017
Great book. Great mystery. Agatha Christie is an all time favourite of mine. You won't be disappointed.
on 8 May 2017
Always liked Christie but had not read this one. It was nice to go back in time to a slower period of life style. Found it enjoyable but nothing​ to rave about other books of hers much more interesting
on 2 May 2017
What can I say! Absolutely fab story line. Great characters! Excellent overall ! AC has done it again.
on 29 April 2017
As with most Agatha Christie books, the story is good. Thrillers were not generally her strong point but this one, I quite enjoyed
on 19 May 2017
ive read most of her stories but I'm not to sure on this one,love the kindle system, no heavy books at bedtime
on 27 May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed the seven dials mystery by Agatha Christie, I enjoy these novels and this one does not disappoint. Well worth a read