Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 March 2015
Who can not love Agatha Christie? Those who love classic mysteries and detective novels know that Agatha Christie works are considered to be the most elite form of literature in that genre. Out of the various works of Ms. Christie, I happen to adore Miss Marple stories the most. And when, during a buddy read, I was offered 4.50 from Paddington to read, I grabbed the opportunity. It was like coming home after ages - felt amazing.

Mrs. McGillycuddy saw a murder - in a train passing her train - for a few seconds. But that is enough to convince her that a murder has happened. But who would believe an old lady with such an extra ordinary claim? Who else but Miss Marple? But there is only one problem, apart from the claim being from an old lady, of course. There is no dead body. If what Elspeth McGillycuddy is saying the truth, where is the body? How will Miss Marple solve this one?

This is yet another epic from Agatha Christie. Naturally, there is no flaw. Classic "whodunnit" with clues hidden all over. All you have to do is find it by connecting the dots. Anyone who loves detective mysteries should definitely start Agatha Christie series. Nothing gets better than these (with the single exception of Sherlock Holmes of course)
on 19 October 2012
When Ms Marple's dear friend, Ms McGillicudy arrives at her home in St Mary Mead with tales of a murder she has just witnessed on her train journey, there is no other option for our intrepid Jane Marple, she must investigate at once and bring the killer to justice! Off goes Mrs McGillicuddy to faraway shores for her holiday leaving "dear Jane" hot on the trail of a killer. After tracking down the location of this evil deed to Rutherford Hall in nearby Brackhampton, Jane goes to stay with one of her friends who just happens to live in this tiny backwater after enlisting the help of another associate who will go undercover to the Hall as a housekeeper over the Christmas period and be her eyes and ears, confused??Oh my this one is Fabulous!! With anyone else this would be so farfetched and unbelievable it just wouldnt work. But in the deft hands of Ms Christie, a master is at work and she spins us a tale so riddled with red herrings, we dont know which way to look!! Fantastic, you will enjoy this one so so much.
on 11 September 2013
I love Agatha Christie so purchased this audio cassette to add to my collection. I wasn't dissapointed, listened to it as soon as I received it and have listened to it numerous times since. A great classic Agatha Christie tale well worth purchasing. Fast delivery and well packaged. I would recommend.
on 3 August 2015
I think I suspected almost every single person mentioned in the book before finding out who really committed the murder! Reading a good Agatha Christie mystery (and there are not many bad ones) is excellent entertainment. This one develops from a chance encounter when a friend of Miss Marple's sees the window-blind of a passing train shoot up and sees a woman being murdered in the carriage. No body is found and the police disbelieve her - but not Miss Marple. Using an assistant she employs to do the field-work for her, she sets out to solve the mystery. Written with the naive charm that didn't need gruesome details, as so many more modern murder mysteries do, this book will keep you gripped to the end, wanting to know who the murderer was, and why s/he did it. Highly recommended for all Christie fans, and for those new to her books (if there are still any!).
on 5 January 2009
This book was what got me hooked on miss marple and to hear Joan Hickson bring it to life is fantastic. She did as great a job with the miss marple tales as stephen fry did with the harry potter stories. Forget the BBC dramatisations go for the true thing.
on 29 September 2014
Miss Christie kept us guessing to the last and even left us with a question. The television versions often give us a skewed and sometimes completely erroneous version. I am glad I read the book.
I have now read 68 of Agatha's mysteries and never yet knew who the culprit was, that is until the end.A 5 star gem and recommended to all Kindle readers.
on 6 November 2014
I really enjoy this authors books, her (Miss Marple) collection is gripping and very good to read. If you like the Murder mysteries I would recommend.
on 21 April 2015
Agatha Christie my greatest reading pleasure, have nearly all of her books and some now on kindle,, if I need murder mystery fix, then Agatha it is, or PD James, so thoroughly enjoyef 4.50 from Paddington, and as I do prefer Miss Marple, to Hercule Poirot, a bonus both ways, excellent value as always and delivered as promised, thankuou again Amazon.....
on 3 July 2014
I am enjoying reading it. This one is my favourite of all her novels.