Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 September 2017
Purchased for my five year old granddaughter, to read at our house, who I feel should now be educated in the land of Narnia - it is time (not for myself, really ... I promise!). It is stunning with beautiful illustrations.
on 26 May 2015
I was extremely disappointed when this arrived because it was not the Michale Hordern recording which was promised in the description. They have changed the description now . If you are not expecting the MH one, it is a lovely telling of the story and not too abridged!
on 23 November 2015
The book I received was ok but I was disappointed that the cover I received was not the same as the cover in the picture. I deliberately chose this one because Aslan looked kind. The one I received showed Aslan looking really fierce which has discouraged my daughter from reading this wonderful story.
on 7 March 2015
Really wanted to read the Narnia series and started with the lion, the witch and the wardrobe (yes I'm reading them in published order). A great read, loss myself in the purely brilliant imagination of c s Lewis. A great read, a great book and everything that goes with it. Can't wait to read the rest.
Thank you C.S Lewis!
on 14 October 2016
I bought this for my 4 1/2 year old because I was extremely tired of her children's songs cds. Although she is a bit young to follow the plot line, she loved listening to the story, and so did I.
on 29 May 2017
Beautiful drawn, wholly suitable for such a beloved, sentimental subject, my family really enjoyed hearing the story again and watched every page turn mesmerised by all the details in the borders. A great buy.
on 12 June 2017
I had seen some of the illustrations from this particular book on a DVD documentary about C.S. Lewis. I was so impressed that I researched to find the illustrator in order to get the book(ASIN:0007442483 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Best-Loved Classics). It is beautiful! Also, even though this order was sent from Great Britain, it was delivered to me in a short amount of time. Great service by the vendor! !
on 3 February 2017
I liked this book very much. My dad has been reading it to me every night.
I liked Aslan very much but found him a bit scary sometimes.
Looking forward to Book 3
on 8 August 2013
Having read this book years ago I wanted to buy it again and read the story again. When I was very young I had this book but a very old paper back version which I had since lost. I didn't think I would get a book like my original but when this book arrived I was surprised that the story and pictures inside were exactly the same as my original book. The book is really good quality and overall I am very pleased with it.
on 25 April 2013
Having read other C.S.Lewis books I was interested as to what a book like The Lion,The Witch and the Wardrobe would be like as it was aimed at younger readers. I now understand why the book was so successful. It is an excellent read (for all ages) but especially for younger readers. It keeps you enthralled in the story, wanting to read more. Enough scary bits for younger readers without overdoing it. Definetely C.S.Lewis at his best.