on 28 November 2016
what a treat..If you love. mythology then you will enjoy this book.. Written about an era long before the popular myths of Egypt this story is full of excitement.
on 24 February 2014
This is the type of product I was actually looking for. It meet my needs and and it is a good read
on 21 March 2016
Not read.
on 25 June 2012
Well, I wasn't sure what to expect. For a moment I wondered what a ka-tail was and exactly what Heka could be ...but as the action packed narrative unfolded it all became clear. The author has written believable characters and placed them in a credible world set in Egypt. She writes in a clear, fluid descriptive style that gets over emotions and a sense of place extremely well. The story builds from a gentle start into a rollicking good yarn. Some characters are not what they seem and their true natures are revealed in due course. I may be a 46 year old but I absolutely loved this book. It is honest, dynamic writing that has been well thought through and this book really delivers. Any bored kids out there should download and read this. And no I am not related to the author, I just appreciate good writing for kids.
on 29 December 2013
I really didn't expect a great deal from this story but it was a hugely enjoyable mixture of adventure, history, fantasy and fun which I found hard to put down. Not only that but it was well written with decent grammar, a distinct lack of typos and whilst colloquial, the narrative didn't jar. An excellent read!
on 23 June 2011
Well I love ancient Egypt and everything about it ands now if possible I love it more. This book follows the story of a young boy called Senu who has been pulled into a robery of the great Pyramid of Khufu,truley amazing read and perfect undersanding of anceint Egyptian life. Now Im off to order the next one!
on 8 March 2014
This is a difficult book to describe without going into too much detail. I read the first chapter
before downloading and thought I would enjoy it - and I did. I am 65 and don't see that the book
needs to be marketed just to teenagers, though no doubt they will enjoy it as well.

It is set in Egypt in the time of building the pyramids. The author seems to have done a good deal
of research, though she didn't overload you with information. A gang working on a pyramid plan to rob
the tomb of a dead Lord in a finished pyramid. However they need a young boy, Senu to distract the ka of
the dead Lord. Kas are the "spirit side" of a person and live on after the person is dead.

This part reminded me of the Amber Spyglass books and I like the idea that Senu could chat to his ka and
get comfort and advice from him. Senu doesn't realize he has magical powers which help him later in the book.

The story was well written and I read it in one evening. I give it 3.5 stars - a book has to be
something really special for me to give 4 or 5 stars!
on 17 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I could picture ancient Egypt and the pyramids. The action was exciting, and I really cared about the characters. It made me feel like I have visited ancient Egypt.
on 7 July 2014
This is well- researched and written fiction, easily accessible to anyone who can read, yet also raising all kinds of interesting questions about loyalty and facing our fears.
on 18 April 2015
Very easy to get into, once started I couldn't put it down, gets the imagination going. If you like fantasy, myth and a good read..
Try this one