on 15 April 2016
So this novel arrived in really good condition. I didn't realise how much I missed paperbacks but at the same time missed the ease of reading from my kindle. This book is so gentle, you have to fall in love with Elizabeth and honestly you will not stop yourself from adoring Nathaniel. One criticism only.... I didn't enjoy Robbie's Scottish accent in the book, but hey, I loved Outlander and therefore, put this to one side. The atmosphere of this book is engaging, ok you want to hate Cat Eater and Julian but there is a past to these people and you get embroiled in. I wanted an epic, I love epics and this measured up
on 30 November 2017
A great start to a great saga. If you enjoy Diana Gabaldin’s Outlander series, you’ll enjoy these books. This is the first in the series.
on 7 September 2012
I am very much enjoying Sara Donati's 1st book in the Wilderness series, "Into the Wilderness" so much so that I have ordered the next 3 books in the series. they are very similiar tales to Diana Gabaldon's Outback series, I have the complets set of these just waiting for the next one which should be published next year.
What is nice is that a character from Diana's books has intermingled with Sara's book. Jamie's nephew, who also married a woman from the Kahnyen'kehaka tribe.
Hoping the 2nd book in the series will arrive before I finish the 1st book.
on 13 December 2017
read for the second time, and two months later i still cant find another book to read that captures my interest,and i will read again, beautifully descriptive.
on 28 March 2018
Only just started reading this book and so far I my attention is being held and ejoying what I am reading. Well done
on 29 March 2018
This is a long read, but SO worth it! I couldn’t put it down. Well-written, fast -paced, gripping story, great characters and a superbly described setting - one of my all-time favourite books! I have told all my friends about it and they have all loved it as much as I did. I strongly urge you to read it. If you loved Outlander you will love this too.
on 19 April 2017
I loved every page of this book so much that I have bought the complete set of 6 books you really feel part of the family.
on 9 January 2018
As good as Diana Gabaldon! If you like her books, you will enjoy this.
on 29 May 2017
Loved it! Keeps the world of Diana Gabaldon alive. Great evocation of 18th Century life in the States.
on 6 April 2017
FANTASTIC BOOK. . IF YOU ENJOYED DIANA GALBALDON OUTLANDER SERIES YOU WILL LOVE THIS.