Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 28 July 2010
I was leant this book when pregnant with my second child and hoping for another waterbirth, this time at home rather than hospital. I didn't manage to read it all in detail before the birth (it is quite extensive) but I loved it so much that I wanted to finish it and own it so I bought it myself. The information is thorough but easy to read - about active birthing in general, as well as the technical details about waterbirths. I then bought another copy as a present for the friend who leant me the pool (who also happens to be a midwife and hoping for a waterbirth herself second time around!).

I found the book hugely comforting and empowering - it gave me the knowledge and confidence to encourage my husband and the midwives to help me with what I knew I wanted and needed during the labour and birth. The book was priceless for what it offered me. Another successful waterbirth resulted, and 2 more midwives totally converted to home waterbirths!
on 16 February 2017
This was amazing for the price I paid! I paid £0.81 and then the delivery and it is in perfect condition :) Brilliant buy and has equipped me with everything I need to know about my upcoming water birth :)
on 3 May 2010
After reading many positive reviews, I decided to buy it and I must say it was well worth it. I've not given birth yet, but since I'm hoping for a water birth I found this book very instructive, full of information and practical examples. It's easy reading and there's a lot more than just water birth info. I totally recommend it.
on 16 January 2013
lots of great tips, advice and information about water births, would recommend for anyone considering a water birth to give you more of an insight into it all
on 23 February 2015
Great!
on 16 January 2013
This was an excellent book that inspired and reassured me, a first time mother who is the biggest wimp ever and also a very low pain threshold. I read this book and trusted every word written, it made such perfect sense. In the main I would consider myself a bit of a sceptic, not into alternative medicine, homeopathy or any such like. however, the content of the book was so well explained and discussed that it just made perfect sense. My husband was not convinced and my mid wife before the birth was very keen to encourage me to consider other options but I was quite determined. Other friends who had already had children laughed at me and said Iwould be screaming for drugs. This was not the case, as the delivery nurse said a "text book birth", four hours, no drugs, no gas and air, asleep inbetween contractions, completely relaxed and trusting my body to do what it does naturally, just like the book said. I can't recommend it enough.
on 13 May 2006
Not only does it cover water labouring and birth but discusses how to get the birth you want by explaining other methods of pain relief - when and why you may need them.

Essentially it's an empowering book for women seeking an active birth with an interest in using water. If you're thinking of using water this is a must read. If you decide against it or don't manage to use it you will gain a lot of knowledge about labour and birth. Great for first time parents.

(I wrote this review before my son was born just thought I'd add I managed a water birth!)
44 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2009
This book has been reviewed as very popular and I have enjoyed every minute of reading it. It gives me an inner peaceful perspective on my birth plan. Very infomative and intersting.
Love it!!!