on 6 June 2018
I didn't find this book very helpful. I have had panic attacks for 22 years. The only thing that seems to help are breathing exercises, which this book didn't really address. The book talks a lot about our thoughts and feelings, and I don't think it was science based. I particularly found the last few chapters a waste of time.
on 27 September 2017
Didn't fully read
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 August 2017
Great book giving information on panic attacks and how to deal with them. Also gives advice on things like the importance of diet, pH balance and how to manage worry. Really good for anyone suffering from panic attacks and worry. I am pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 22 April 2017
This book has been a huge help to me, it has helped me understand my issues that I have had for a very long time. I did not realise I had panic attacks until reading this book. Understanding the physiology behind them has helped me manage them. I would recommend this book to anyone even if you do not have panic attacks as it is very useful just for understanding anxiety and the issues around it.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 December 2016
ok
on 21 November 2016
Have owned this book for well over ten years now. But have decided to upgrade to a newer version as mine was falling to pieces. This book has been on every holiday I've ever taken, to the labour ward with me twice, and has helped numerous times when I've had flare ups in my anxiety. Very much a straight forward talking book explaining how and why panic attacks can come about, with lots of information on how to manage and get the root cause of problems associated with panic attacks. So if your at your wits end on edge or even just wanting to help you understand them and take out the fear of panic attacks then this is most definitely the book of choice.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 August 2016
Very good, helpful book, worth to read and to have at home.
on 29 June 2016
Useful advice and really helped
on 29 June 2016
Personally I have found this the best book on the subject. It has helped me to overcome panic attacks..absolutely genuinely changed my life. Written in a way that makes sense, clear concise and simple practical help is what's needed when your in a high anxiety state.
on 17 March 2016
I bought this book for a friend who was suffering from panic attacks. She has found the book really helpful and a great support. She is able to dip in and out of it as and when she needs to and finds having the book has really helped her cope with her attacks.