Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 November 2015
Great value for money. These books are classics for a reason. I got all 7 books for £10, you can't get better that that. All these book from my childhood I am now reading them to my kids. The love them. All the books come with the original illustrations. Great book for a great price.
on 8 April 2006
This box set is a truly wonderful gift for Narnia fans of all ages. And, dare I say it, I actually prefer it to the unabridged books which I've read. I never thought I'd say that! Although as these books are so short, there's not a grate deal missed out. Perhaps some of the really young lines where the author addresses the reader or compares life in Narnia to life in England, so nothing really major left out.
What makes this box set so special is the musical score that was written for it. The books are read by Michael Hordan, who is sadly no longer with us. He has a wonderfully distinctive voice which really transports the reader in to Narnia in a way that no other reader has ever managed. His narration is accompanied by some beautiful music played on harp and flute.
I first got these books from the library when I was quite little, and my life-long love of Narnia was born. They remain some of my favourite books and I was delighted when they came out on CD years later and I was able to by them. I well remember lying on my bed, listening to The scene in The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe when Aslan is killed, sobbing my heart out. His death was accompanied by Moon Light Sonata, which made it all the more powerful, and is consequently my favourite piece of classical music.
I can hear people saying, "music and narration together? Oh please no!" but I assure you, it really does work, and it's not the whole way through. There are certain theme tunes you come to recognize, like those for Aslan or the white which. I remember trying to listen to the books without music and it just wasn't the same. It just helps to add an extra bit of wonder and magic to Lewes's timeless imagination.
on 4 March 2017
I always wanted a big Narnia book with more retro drawings inside and the look of the book itself. This was what I really wanted from day one and I was not disappointed when opening my package to check it out.
on 19 July 2017
I've been reading the Narnia stories since I was a child, and I will continue to read them as long as I can. They are probably some of the best books for children ever written, but there are also hidden depths and layers of meaning.
on 17 July 2017
This is terrible. Very poor quality print: small fonts and closely spaced lines make reading very difficult, specially for little kids. It looks like cheap inkjet print and there is no box included as advertised. My daughter is really disappointed so I am going to request a refund.
on 2 July 2012
Bought this for my 6 year old niece, chose the h/b edition so it would last (I'm 50+ and on to my second p/b boxed set) hopefully for life or twenty plus years!

Is a great product and I'm very pleased, so's my sister!
on 3 July 2017
Another one to add to my Narnia books! it's such a lovely size and I love the cover!
on 23 April 2017
Wow. Best buy ever. We all know the books, but this was the best buy of the year so far.
on 29 August 2016
An amazing pack of narnia CDs. Really impressed with this product, in excellent condition and lovely stories to listen to.
on 3 August 2017
Loved this and I have enjoyed it just as much as the others in the series