Customer reviews

on 3 December 2013
I loved this as a child. Coming back to it, many years later, it's charm and simplicity are still there. Another time now, but it brings back memories of life last century.
on 18 August 2016
Harriet has been ill, and is ordered by her doctor to take up ice-skating. She meets and befriends Lalla, trained from babyhood for stardom, and they make friends. Harriet is poor and Lalla rich, but gradually Harriet realises the benefits to her loving family. A nice story, although Harriet's brothers seem a bit artificial and Lalla, at times, rather too spoiled to be real.

Still, a good plot in gentle Streatfeild style, and eminently re-readable, although the ending is - typical for this author - rather abrupt.

This book is also published as 'Skating Shoes'.
on 2 September 2013
I can read this with pleasure as an adult and Jacqueline Wilson fans can happily identify with Harriet's friendship with the richer but lonely child skater.
on 23 April 2012
this book was a present for my grandaughter. it was in perfect condition arrived quick and the look on my Angel's face when she seen the book was priceless. Shes loving the book :) i'm very pleased with the order of the book thank you.White Boots
on 28 December 2015
Loved reading this when I was a child and it's still a charming story of it's time which my skating mad 9 year old is now reading to me and stretching her vocabulary. Glad the illustrations are still the same and enjoying sharing this with my daughter.
on 15 May 2016
I used to love this book as a kid and was so pleased to find it available for Kindle, having recently taken up ice skating as an adult. The story was just as good as I remembered.
on 12 August 2011
I read this book as a child and it was due to this book that I started Ice Skating which changed my life and gave me a life long passion x
on 20 February 2012
This has been bought as a birthday present. As a child I loved this book and hope that my friends granddaughter will love it as much.
on 19 October 2013
I loved this book as a child and I'm still loving it. I believe I will be reading it again from time to time over the next 20 years.
on 7 June 2013
As above, it was bought for a young girl who enjoys skating on the recommendation of my wife and we have had no complaints.