on 18 August 2015
I went looking for the 'Mog' series of books as I remember them from my childhood which was over 35 years ago now! I have purchased a range of them from Amazon to read to my 2 year old at bedtime. She always asks for a 'Mog' book and prefers them over her 'baby' picture books now.

The nice thing about the Mog books for young children is that the story always contains elements that they can relate to. The Mog stories always contain Mog the cat of course, her family and her home. These are simple things a small child understands. We have a family cat so my little girl understands Mog and can relate to her.

Mog and the Granny tells the story of what happens when Mogs family go on holiday and send Mog to stay at Grannies house for a week, with Granny and her own Cat Tibbles! Lots of silly fun ensues.

I’m glad I can share these charming books with my daughter, the illustrations are appealing and the stories are gentle and fun.
on 6 June 2013
Possibly my favourite picture books from the era 20 years ago when the children were small. We lost our Mog books along the way but I am determined to replace them if I can but I WANT THEM THE RIGHT SIZE! Amazon you must show dimensions in your descriptions even of second hand books then we shant have the embarrassment of silly little pretend Mog books. We want the real thing. If you have a child buy Mog books now, whatever age they may be - because you will love them and they will come to, perhaps in their 20s.
on 2 June 2017
Wrong size book. I wanted a smaller one
on 20 April 2013
Every time we read a book in the Mog series I am reminded how sweet and gentle the stories and the humour are. Mog is a very sweet cat, with a comfortable inner life which usually gets disturbed by something. Judith Kerr has some really great insights about what it feels to be a cat, what thoughts are going through their heads and such. This makes it funny and fun but in a gentle, loving way. Our 6 y.o. son loves the Mog series - he's got favourite passages in every book that make him laugh out loud. And I think that any book that makes a child laugh is a great thing to have in the house.
on 23 June 2003
This is great value for an older toddler as it makes them laugh, and shows them grannies can have fun. My daughter has asked for this story so many times she can now 'read' it herself from memory. It also shows that although people go away, they do return, and then things can 'be the same' again.
on 9 July 2010
The illustrations are the usual, but the story is disappointing, as it is only half based on Mog being with 'the granny' and the other half is Mog randomly imagining what might be happening to Debbie and the Thomas family while they are away on holiday, which is somewhat disjointed. Not anywhere near as good as Mog the forgetful cat unfortunately. Disappointing for a lovable character we'd otherwise like to see more of.
on 4 January 2012
We were already Mog fans and my mum had read the books to us as we were growing up. Since having my little one, I've found this book and as she is known as 'granny' and has cats, it was the perfect Christmas gift from her grandchild! We read it together when we visit her. A lovely story.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 September 2016
This Mog book really does have it all and is my son's favorite of the Mog series. Mog's family goes on holiday and have to leave him with their granny who already has a naughty ginger cat, Mog is nervous and has to try and get used the change but Mog doesn't like change. This book is a great reading tool to open up discussions about change with your child for instance changing schools or moving house. It is suitable for all ages up to age 7, my son is 7 and he can read the book himself now and even though I used to read it to him he still isn't bored of this book, it has a calming effect on him at bedtime. Highly recommended.
on 18 June 2014
Fast delivery and great book once again, my daughter loves the Mog books and this one didn't disappoint.Great pictures and written well.
on 15 October 2015
Another excellent children's book by an author enjoyed by my children and now my grandaughter