on 12 January 2004
My three year old asks for this book again and again and it is one of his favourite bedtime stories. He loves knocking on his bed as each animal knocks on the door and he knows certain phrases by heart and says them aloud before I get a chance to read them. It is a classic and well worth the buy.
on 19 January 2000
This has to be my favourite book I chose it because it was exciting because with some cute cuddly characters.It was a good story it had a happy ending and I loved the illustrations.It also was one of the first book I remember my mum reading to me.My Favourite character is the little biack mole because he is not the monster you think he is,he is just a cute cuddly creature."This is'nt a monster"said Percy. "It's a mole!" Percy is the park keeper who lives in a hut in the park,he looks after the animals of the park and their homes.This is a well writen well illustrated book and it makes me feel glad that I have a lovely warm bed on cold winter nights.
on 18 November 2000
A wonderful winters tale from Percy the parkkeeper and his friends. This is a perfect bedtime story with Percy helping his animal friends during "one snowy night". The story is humerous and endearing and my 2 and a half year old daughter loves it. Another success from a brilliant author!
on 1 May 2008
It is winter and it is snowing. All through the evening, Percy gets knocks from various different animals and they all want to share the bed. The problem is the bed is too small for them all. How will all of the animals and Percy get through the night? Find out in this book... I really, really, really like Percy the Park Keeper adventures (and have got four of the books) and would definitely and positively rate this book 8/ 10. I would absolutely strongly recommend it to everyone who likes Percy the Parker as well! Nick Butterworth has done a great job with all of the books - so I look forward to read and review other of his books!
on 27 March 2000
This is a wonderful, cosy, heartwarming story - which is just what a children's book should be. There is only the merest hint of realism (the fox is allowed inside with the rabbits, as long as he promises to behave) and it makes perfect bedtime reading for a chilly night.
on 2 February 2007
Lovely book to read and, for my 3 year old son, listen to. Lots of actions (knocking on doors, snuggling under blankets, budging up etc), bit of a frightener (not too much) with the noise under the shed and a spot of 'who is where?'. Even explains how the fox is allowed in with the other animals.

I'll be looking to get more in the series but we're still into this one.
on 30 August 2007
What can I say about this truly wonderful and magical book that has not already been said. It is wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated and just the right length for a snuggly bedtime story. My son is now 4 years old and still loves to hear the stories about Percy the Park Keeper. We even purchased the DVD (which is truly wonderful too).

I personally love to read this story and have even been known to suggest it to my son for bedtime reading. If you don't already own this book, then don't hesitate to buy it today, you will not regret it.
on 30 August 2013
We have long been fans of this story and have bought different editions as gifts over the years. This is a nice edition for a gift, it is smaller than some of the previous editions at 6 inches (15.5cm) square but still retains the clarity of the beautiful artwork and is a nice size for little ones to hold. The hardcover is solid and without a dustjacket again making it easier for little hands. The inner pages are good quality paper and the price very reasonable. Handy for bedtime stories on holiday as it would slip easily into a suitcase or even a handbag. If you have not met Percy before this is the best place to start.
on 25 November 2014
I ordered the hardcover version as I think they usually last longer. However I was really disappointed when I received it as the book is quite small (15x15cm) and I hadn't checked the size. I thought it would be roughly the usual 25x25 cm given that it was £2 more expensive than the paperback version. Also, this hardcover version doesn't have the unfoldable "surprise" at the end like all the Percys book. I guess it would be too small to read anything!
I didn't bother returning it as it was costing £5 for shipping and handling vs. £6 I paid so I will just give it to my daughter's school.
I ordered the paperback version and it's great. Nice story for this time of the year.
on 23 July 2016
A beautifully written and illustrated children's book by Nick Butterworth with Percy the Park Keeper. Percy is kind and sharing and it teaches the child good moral values in a fun way. It is a must for young children.