Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 25 February 2015
Having read all of the lovely Jenny Colgan books about bakeries and chocolate I was so disappointed to find myself immersed in a book of, what I feel is, unnecessarily foul language. I was looking for an easy read and this is far from that. The characters are certainly not lovable and the storyline is tired. I struggled to read 25% then had to give up. I'll probably never read another Jenny Colgan book again. I'm sad about that. Sorry. I'm sure lots if people love it but it's not for me.
on 16 May 2015
I have read other Jenny Colgan books which have been witty and entertaining. This one was neither. Lots of booze, hangovers and a rambling story. I can only guess it was written early in the author's career. Not for me....
on 14 July 2015
Didn't warm to the characters at all, and so didn't complete the book; which is very rare for me, because I adore all of Jenny's other works.
on 13 March 2014
I've always enjoyed Jenny Colgan's books I don't mind the odd swear word but this book is polluted with them and some were were way out of line. I stopped reading it and would not recommend if bad language offends you.
on 23 January 2014
Because of the unnecessary bad language. I read about one third and then skipped the rest to read the end. Jenny Colgan`s stories are great as in the cup cake cafe and Christmas at the cupcake cafe and quite honestly don't need all the swearing but this one has spoilt me reading ant more.
on 6 August 2017
Great
on 18 April 2014
Loved the book. I had a job to put the book down. Would definitely recommend to anyone who asks me if they should read it
on 16 August 2015
Jenny does it again!!! :D
on 16 June 2013
Sadly this book did not live up to my expectation, lack of story line and then predictable, also too much bad language,
on 20 July 2017
Funny but didn't fall in love with any character. Needed more passion