Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Best Laid Plans
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 August 2017
verey good
on 17 October 2017
The condition of this book was disappointing as it had been described as being in a very good condition. However I do acknowledge the age of the book so accept that it couldn't be in good condition but certainly could have been much better.
on 5 May 1999
I've read most, if not all, of Sidney Sheldon's books. They're simply wonderful in one sitting on a long afternoon with a bottle of wine and a big bag of crisps! And this newer one is no exception.
It revolves around a PR Executive, Leslie Stewart - beautiful (of course) with everything going for her. She falls for the dashingly handsome (of course) Oliver Russell, who is pursuing a career in politics. Days before the wedding however, Leslie is ditched and Oliver marries another woman in a political gambit. Leslie is well miffed and sets her sights on destroying Oliver.
So, we follow Oliver in his rise to power and Leslie in her plot for revenge.
Along the way though, we meet several other characters which offer a nice change of pace. Dana Evans is one of them. A foreign correspondent working in the war torn Sarajevo and in this way we get a little glimpse into the tragedy going on over there.
The story has a lovely ending with a nice twist - without being over the top.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. A light, but entertaining read. Very Sidney Sheldon.
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2005
i have to agree with the other reviews that this book is good. its clever exciting and full of twists that keeps you guessing if one of the main characters is really who you think. the only problem i can see with this book is if you have happened to read a previous sidney sheldon book you might well know how it turns out.
though i cannot claim to be an avid reader of his books i have to say that the story line of a women scorned waiting to get her revenge only for it to turn out not how she expected seems to be a repeated pattern in his books.
However the book is a good read and in itself presents no problem.
on 26 January 2015
I just love Sidney Sheldon's books and this is one author I can read time and time again. A master story teller, when I need inspiration for writing I know where to look!
on 29 December 2000
What is Mr Sheldon up to??? How can the person who wrote the Master of the Game and If Tomorrow Comes have written this book? The plot was weak, the characters even weaker and he starts so many sub-plots that he then just forgets about. It's easy to read and you fly through the pages (which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 - I read it in a day), but so are Mills & Boon books and a lot of them have a more interesting plot than this book. Please Mr Sheldon, spend some more time on thinking up a plot and developing characters in the future, I know you're good at it!!!!
on 21 February 2000
Perhaps I am getting too demanding when it comes to a good book, but I need to be dazzled by a book, to be caught off-guard, captured. This book didn't quite do that for me, but it was a fast improvement compared to Sheldon's 'Tell me your dreams' which was a complete drag. The story has a good pace, so it makes it easier to stick to it when the story itself looses its edge now and again. The ending has a nice twist, as we are admittingly sucked into believing the obvious (in this case not so), but also has some soppy elements which would have been best left out. Anyway, it's a decent enough and contemporary story of men and women scorned, power and revenge which takes a turn for the worst. Your basic sensational contents fit for a Spelling tv-series, yet entertaining enough. Not dazzling though, therefore 3 stars.
on 28 July 2014
I'm huge fan of Sidney Sheldon..but best laid plans did nt impress me at all...this novel lacks the charm of Sheldon's magic in it...I did nt like the climax..I would nt recommended this book, if u have read other Sheldon 's books..u 'll probably nt like this that much..
on 5 February 2004
This has been the first book I've read by Sidney Sheldon and I found myself unable to put the book down. Absolutely fantastic. A fast moving book and very easy to read.
on 24 August 2014
Started this book this morning and finished it this afternoon!! Can someone do my ironing!!!
I am hooked, I am nearing the end of my SS library and every book is brilliant. I am a Tilly Bagshawe fan as well so the books Tilly has been involved in are the best of both worlds

If you have not read any Sidney Sheldon books and love a bit of intrigue, lust and power then put down what you are reading and start a whole new reading experience, you won't regret it but your family might!!!