Ultimate Prizes
Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 July 2014
Love this series and bought it again to re-read on my Kindle. The books are just as excellent, as I remembered from last time I read them.
My rating of only 3 stars though is because Ultimate Prizes is so full of errors which should have been picked up by a proof reader that it distracts the reader. For example the word 'die' has been replaced by 'the' in almost every incidence. The other books had some errors but this one is particularly bad.
Having said that, I would not hesitate in recommending this book and the rest of the series as an excellent read and journey through the 20th century and the Church of England.
on 5 January 2014
When I read my first one in this series (which was actually the last one!) I did not expect to enjoy it because it was to be so very different from anything I had read previously. How wrong - I couldnt put it down. I then read the first one which filled in the gaps about the Bishop's early life and from then I have read in order and continue to find them fascinating stories.
on 19 January 2016
One of the best of the Starbridge Series. I like Neville better than the other 2 clerical narrators. He is intelligent, hard working, a sincere Christian and I find his faults understandable.
on 27 September 2014
I had read all of Susan Howatch books except the Church series and am so glad that I've decided to read them. The same characters pop up throughout the books so you feel as if you're not losing touch with the original story. There is a lot of humour in these books. I find myself chuckling away whilst reading them.
on 23 July 2016
Fascinating! Throughly enjoyable! Just read the series again, so well written worth re exploring. Such a broad range of beliefs and understanding across the series. Amazing charactor development.
on 17 July 2015
a very good read as with all her other books.
on 21 October 2015
Addictive reading fab loved it great mix of theology/psychology
on 20 August 2014
Not quite finished it yet but a good read and getting more and more addicted!!!
on 12 April 2014
I love the book but hate the spelling mistakes. I have never had this problem with kindle books before now, but this whole series has been a nightmare, littered with misspelt words.
on 22 February 2014
as they say, it's a modern Barchester and also leads the reader effortlessly on to deeper spiritual thinking. good character development from different character's points of view.