Customer reviews

Honoured Enemy (Legends of the Riftwar, Book 1)
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2016
I have read this series through on more than one occasion and have loved every page whilst doing so. The author really manages to grip the audience with the various twists and turns and unfortunately for me it felt like I could not put the book down. There are a grammatical errors, but I for one do not care. 5 Stars.
on 26 May 2018
This book grips me from the very beginning. Even on the second read, I still found myself ploughing through the pages unable to put it down.
Brilliantly constructed, excellently written, and a first class tale of honour, heroism, and the people behind the roles that war deals them. I totally love this book.
on 24 November 2013
Whether it's coincidence that the first co-authored book since the empire series is a return to stunning writing and glorious character development, or its simple Feist returning to his best, this book is wonderful. Not sine the kings buccaneer have I longed to read a passage when I've been otherwise engaged. This book simply could not be put down. A return of the tsurani was a welcome turn and the brilliance that is the differences and similarities again echo fantastic plots and brilliant ideologies. A return to greatness indeed.
on 29 August 2001
As an aside set against the backdrop of Feist's epic Riftwar series this book works. It has all the hallmarks of the fast-paced military conflicts that are one of the mainstays of Feist's saga and can be greatly enjoyed for what it is. Yes, it's all very predictable, the plot simplistic and there are few surprises. Feist and Forstchen have basically fleshed out a sequence that we could have seen in a compact version anywhere in the Riftwar series. To gain the full enjoyment of this book it should be read, as designed to be, after the completion of the Riftwar/Serpentwar series, otherwise the subtle background politics, histories and tensions between the various characters would be lost on new readers and therefore would make a poor stand-a-lone novel. But For Feist fans this collaboration with Forstchen is a real treat and I eagerly look forward the next tale from the Riftwar.
11 people found this helpful
on 15 November 2013
I enjoyed the story line although it was a bit slow to start with.
Have now completed the entire collections of feist and his co written works and I'm a little sad and lost as what to read next.
Would recommend as pure fantasy fiction with a little reality thrown in for good measure.
on 5 December 2016
love these books
on 2 December 2013
I would have given it 5 stars but I felt the end was a bit rushed I felt there was a chunk missing which would have explained in more detail how the two main characters got to where they were at the end.
on 28 July 2012
Very enjoyable book, can be read without prior knowledge of Midkemia, although a bit
of knowledge can help. I wouldn't say this is Raymond E Feist's best novel, lol, but
a great read, nevertheless.
on 8 June 2013
The first part of the 3 part Riftwar series of books that takes you into the mindset of the two combatants in the Rift War saga
on 28 July 2015
Bought as a gift. Mum more than happy.