Customer reviews

Mona Lisa Overdrive
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 April 2017
I am late to William Gibson. While any one of the books stands alone this is best read as a trilogy in which some of the issues raised in book 1 are resolved. There are still enigmatic matters which would have allowed Gibson to carry on almost indefinitely. So, this is a gripping story which leaves the reader wanting more. Hence I am buying more by William Gibson.
on 9 June 2015
I read this quite a long time after reading the first two books in the trilogy and I enjoyed it a lot. Nothing could quite match the futuristic shock of Neuromancer but the author carried the story of his rather pessimistic cyber-future on in a entertaining way. Interesting characters and language, and plot threads knitted together in a satisfying way. Good book, but you should definitely read the other two first, otherwise you'll be missing a lot of references.
on 8 April 2012
I'm a fan of Gibson, so I'm being kinder here than perhaps I should be, but this was overall a good novel. I think you'd have to be a fan of Gibson's universe to enjoy it so much, but also a word of advice: You should read the books in order (I didn't know that this was the third installment) and the overall narrative will be more enjoyable.

Not comparable to Neuromancer I'm afraid, but you can only make a breakthrough like that once! This book (along with Count Zero) gives a little more of the Neuromancer universe, plus Gibson's fast moving style, which is always a pleasure.
One person found this helpful
on 6 April 2015
Absolutely brilliant. Gibson makes most other Sci-Fi writers look like amateurs. Full of ideas and writes like Elmore Leonard - no higher praise in my book.
on 22 February 2016
Another good one from my fav authour. Good price and prompt delivery.
on 17 May 2015
I was expecting a lot from this, as the thrid inthe trilogy, but I found it didn't really bring anything new to the trilogy. The story line itself was mundane and predictable, and there were no "genre defining"elements like there were in the previous two installments. Still ok to read, but don't expect your mind to be blown.
on 13 March 2018
Present
on 26 August 2014
Great - make sure you read the three books in the right order though
on 9 November 2016
A view of a world where corporations and AIs rule from the 80's. It still one that may come true yet!
on 28 December 2015