on 20 November 1998
For any body wanting to discover some of the truths behind Johns' Gospel, this is the book. Clearly written, with both advanced and novice theological readers in mind. The author gives us a valuable insight, not only by expanding on the gospel as a whole, but also by explaining the usage and meanings of some of the original greek words. In my mind, an outstanding book, a pleasure to read over and over again.
on 19 January 2001
I am studying a BA in Religious Education with a QTS and this is brill for those who need a straightfoward answer and fast.
on 8 October 2015
This thoughtful, beautifully -written book was the product of many years of immersion in both the Gospel Of John and in the Greek language, but it is written to appeal, not just to scholars nor even to preachers, but to ordinary people as well. I have bought and given away many copies of this book, because I love it so much, and no one I have ever given a copy to did not love it as well. Just buy it. You won't be sorry.
on 27 November 2014
Although rather erudite at times for me, what shone through the whole text was LOVE so I battled on, and greatly appreciate Stephen Verney's interpretation of the metaphors used throughout John's Gospel, which I'd never even been aware of before reading this book. He also drew my attention to what Jesus said in John 3:14 concerning Moses in Numbers 21:9, and the parallel imagery of the snake and sin; healing and redemption, which has enabled me understand the significance of the crucifixion much better. An interesting, thoughtful book which I will read again and again I'm sure.
on 29 January 2014
This is an old book which I studied many years ago and needed to see again. The condition was as expected and as described for an old paperback and it was delivered on time. I am pleased with the service.
on 25 June 2015
An old book but in good condition. the Gospel of John told from a different angle, the spiritual alongside the physical. Very informative and stimulating.
on 8 May 2015
This is a book I use to study with, and made deeper by involving everyday life, lovely to read, rewarding, and deep.